Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2636 times)

Offline mythkat

• Brood
« on: May 12, 2009, 03:42:04 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested in keeping bees so I joined to learn.  We have 40 acres in Stagecoach NV.  Mostly sagebrush and dirt but we're beginning to permaculture.  I've picked a lot of nectar plants to put in and we'll have a small orchard.  I'm putting in buckwheat and clover now.  I'm looking forward to picking all your brains. :-D

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:01:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum

I hear the bees do fine out in the desert and find what to forage on. I am in Placerville California and we have near desert conditions here in the summer.  In fact it is supposed to get up to 100 this weekend.

Good luck with the bees and ask away, because the beekeepers here on this forum are so very helpful.

Annette

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:14:35 pm »
Hello and Welcome Mythkat
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny  

Offline mythkat

• Brood
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:18:37 pm »
Thanks  :lol:  I think I'm going to go with a top bar from what I've read so far.  Soooo, I'm off :-D

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:48:35 pm »
You don't have to resort to picking brains here, the information flows freely.  Welcome.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline slaphead

• House Bee
  • Obsessive, compulsive & happy
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:56:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum Mythkat,

You will find a treasure trove of information a click away using the search function.

SH
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 10:11:48 pm »
Mythkat, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  This will be a place where you can spend some quality time, learn alot of stuff, a place to tell your stories and experiences and make new friends.  We love to listen.  Have that wonderful, awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 10:07:02 am »
Welcome. I have picked up some good info here in my short time as a member.
Damien

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 10:29:05 pm »
Mythkat, welcome and there is plenty of information here.
Bobby

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 11:14:51 pm »
welcome! I'm new this year myself, and this place is a 'godsend'. lots of very experienced keepers and the old posts probably compare to a couple books of knowledge. AND - if it isn't in the old posts the more experienced beeks are often happy to answer your questions. - and their sites!
(3 Italian mutt hives)
be happy and make others happy.