Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: some people will lie to sell any thing  (Read 2055 times)

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
some people will lie to sell any thing
« on: February 27, 2007, 01:41:14 pm »
So I stoped at a road side flea sale today and this little lady was set up in a stand and had jams jellys and honey she had jar and cut comb. So this lady walks up and ask her if she has any clover honey and she picks up a jar and tells her " This honey is very feash it is from the 2007 clover bloom"  :shock: :shock: I said to my self BS clove is not in bloom and no way that is from this year. 

So I was lookin in this box of old junk she had out and another lay walks up and ask if she had and sour wood honey and the little lady picks up a jar from the same stack of jars and tells the lady " This is very fresh it is from the 2007 sour wood bloom"  :roll: :shock: By this time I wonted to hang around and see what else she would say to people

So I looked around the stand next to her and I head some one asking about the cut comb and wonted to know what it was and how did you eat it and I quote she said " This is very old honey and very vey good this was before the big bee kill in the 80's and you cant get honey like this anymore."  The other lady had this puzzled look on her face and asked why you could not get like this any longer and the little lady said quote "Bees now days make a hard wax that you cant chew" so I could not take it any longer.

I walked over to the seller and told her she was a lier and was makeing all beekeepers look bad.  I told her first you sold the same honey and told people that i was two different types and then you told this lady that bees no longer make comb honey. Then I told the lady that I was a beekeeper and how cut comb was made.  The seller responded by I just tell people what they wont to hear!!!! :evil:

When I left I was still in shock over what this woman was doing and I still cant belive it :)  the balls some people have

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Re: some people will lie to sell any thing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »
So we will se if it was candid camera.... 8-)

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:31:05 pm »
Yet another reason I don't give any specifics on what kind of honey mine is, I just don't know.  I give the harvest date and tell what was blooming at the time.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:26:02 pm »
Yes, but did she sell the honey?
Remember she is not a beekeeper, she is a salesman(saleswomen).
And while I agree deciet is bad. She isn't going to care. because she is getting what matters to her.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
She may have failed buiness ethics. But she has enough cash to avoid conflict with anything resembling a conscience.

Buy the way I have a nice car driven buy an old lady on Sunday to church for you, cheap. Would you also be interested in a bridge in New York.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
Yes, but did she sell the honey?
Remember she is not a beekeeper, she is a salesman(saleswomen).
And while I agree deciet is bad. She isn't going to care. because she is getting what matters to her.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
She may have failed buiness ethics. But she has enough cash to avoid conflict with anything resembling a conscience.

Buy the way I have a nice car driven buy an old lady on Sunday to church for you, cheap. Would you also be interested in a bridge in New York.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

That presumes that telling the truth would have resulted in fewer sales. Perhaps she might not have made those specific sales, but others....
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 10:39:01 pm »
O yea she made the sell. 

See I just call mine farm honey I sell dark farm honey or light farm honey.  When people ask me what farm honey is I tell them it is honey from my bee hives on the farm.  They 3 types of clover, sourwood, alfalfa and other misc flowers to pick from.  I do keep the dark frames of honey separate from the light when I spin it out.  I spin and bottle one batch "dark or light" then I do the other.

I still cant get over her sale method

anything