Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Compliments of My Son  (Read 2851 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Compliments of My Son
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:35:52 pm »
Feeding

Rough neck

doak

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Compliments of My Son
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 04:56:30 pm »
Wow, looks like a bird with the head removed and swapped with a hypodermic needle.

Cool pics, love the hummers!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 05:45:03 pm »
Looking good like pix.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:18:07 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:56:10 am »
Doak, now aren't those just the prettiest pictures of some lovely birds.  Wow!!!  I love how big the sap sucker upper thing is on the bird in the second picture.  Thank you so much for taking us into this part of your world.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:19:26 pm »
Great pics Doak!  It's fun to see the different types of animals in different parts of the country. We mostly get Rufus, Anna's, Calliope & occasional Allens here. Many more hens at feeders this year, some years there are more males. They are gone for the season now.  Come around St. Paddys day, leave around the 4th of July.  Now only the stragglers from up Cindi's way & Alaska on the way S. for the winter. They are so fun to watch defending their food source.  I always get the image of Snoopy Red Baron when the males are going at it! They whiz right past your head, you can feel the breeze from the wings sometimes!  In late Spring the young go after anything bright so if you wear a tshirt w/flowers on it they will hover very close whilst checking you out! Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard