Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My standard Blue Cochin trio  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My standard Blue Cochin trio
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:31:31 am »
What beautiful birds.  This picture was taken about 2 months ago, since that time these Cochins have become more and more beautiful.  And docile.....never thought a bird could be so docile.  The rooster takes my breath away, he is stately, massive in height and size (although the Buff Orpington rooster is catching up, at 6 months old, and will certainly be taller, and heavier).  He has the biggest, fluffyest and most downy legs and butt that you could ever imagine.  He is gentle with his gals and they love him to pieces.  They hang around together constantly.  BUT....one of the hens has gone broody.  Now both the other hen and rooster hang around her brooding area alot, they don't stray too far away.  I get such a kick out of them as they stroll along, like an old couple, slowly, but surely.  There is no need for any speed in their life, they just love to stroll. 

The brood hen is sitting on 14 eggs, some of the Blue Cochin and some Light Brahma, I also have the same amount in my table top incubator, life is going to be baby city again, but this time, fine looking little gals and dudes, all with fluffy, feathery legs.  Have that most awesome day, live and health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Coge

• New Bee
Re: My standard Blue Cochin trio
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:12 pm »
Beautiful birds Cindi. Thanks for showing them.
Coge
But for the grace of God it would be you instead of me.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: My standard Blue Cochin trio
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:19:03 pm »
Great looking Birds Cindi!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com