Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Injury while making sugar blocks  (Read 9074 times)

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
Re: Injury while making sugar blocks
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »
Ah man...poor guy!  The power of the body to heal is just phenomenal, especially when you're a kid.  He'll be back on top of his game in no time. 

Tracy

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:45 pm »
The big issue will be keeping it clean and infection free.  (at least that was what they told me with my burn).   Wishing you the best...

Greg, you are on the right track, and yes, Brian of PCF, keeping it clean and infection free is what will cause the healing.  That is why I am saying to use honey, bacteria cannot grow in the low pH of the honey medium.  Greg, do that research you say you are going to do about honey -- do not procrastinate.  That is one of the most important things you can do for your Son right now, be informed, learn how to help the doctors to treat this child.  I know that you will.  My thoughts are there with you and this child.  Have a great and wonderful day, take care, attract that health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 06:03:05 pm »
We got home Wednesday evening and everything is going well. The damage was not as bad as they had anticipated. The surgery went well and they expect him to get all his feeling back and be back to normal in a few weeks. He is not allowed to go back to preschool for 2 weeks so he will be going to work with myself or my wife and staying with friends.

I took him back to the burn center today to get his bandages changed and the wound checked out. They said it looked like it was healing well and after our next visit on Monday he should only have to come back once a week. So he is doing good. Thanks again everyone for your concern.
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 08:49:41 pm »
Great news despite whayt could have been a real tragedy!

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »
Hi Greg,
I hope everything turns out well. Kids are pretty resilient. When I was 2 years old I stuck two of my fingers into something worse that actually ate (burned) off 1/2 of each finger. Skin grafts are no fun and at 2 years old you grow so quick that they are grafted every year for many years. I am really glad that your son's injury was not worse.
Mike

Offline Jessaboo

• House Bee
    • Three Little Birds
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 09:34:13 pm »
I don't know how I missed this post originally! I am so sorry to hear about your boy but what a relief (to you, most of all!) that the injuries are not as bad as first thought.

I will be thinking of you guys and wishing for a speedy and painless recovery.

- Jess

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 10:02:48 pm »
Greg your son will be in our prayer
Johnny

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 11:39:33 pm »
Oh man,...Poor little guy! I cant think of anything to add as it seems to have been all said up already!
Your friend,
john

Offline Ivan

• New Bee
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 02:05:07 am »
When i got electecuted couple years ago i got 3rd degee or worse burns on my hands(figers) and feet. I used mostly honey for the wound dressing and it healed up very fast. I also used it in other incidents and for me it worked better than other stuff.

Hope your son gets well fast

Offline 1of6

• House Bee
  • Always learning...
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 10:35:18 am »
Glad to hear things are looking better and that you are both in good spirits.  Prayer is a wonderful thing.

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:43 am »
Good News  :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 12:44:00 pm »
Greg, so wonderful, listen, still, put and slap that honey on thickly beneath any bandages, if there is still some work to do on healing.  Honey speeds the healing/scarring process, listen, it is true.....Ivan is another testament to that....have a most awesomely great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 01:51:15 pm »
Cindi, I asked one of the burn doctors about using honey. she made a funny face and said she has heard of "lay people" using honey for small burns, and that she could see how it could help some, but please dont apply it to Aidan's burn do to the Bio-brain glove they put on. She said that she has worked with the treatment they are using for Aidan for a long time and it works. She probably was not the right doc to talk to about it because I think she was a little stuck on herself (she was not his regular doc) But I think I will trust their judgment on this one. I still believe in the honeys healing power but I am not going to risk Aidan's treatment for it. Besides that, the bio-brain glove they have on him keeps everything out of the wound so I do not think that the honey will have any way to get in to do any good. I will have to print some info out and give it to the docs next time I go up there.
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 12:05:27 pm »
Oh Greg, I totally understand what you are saying.  Do as the doctors are asking, honey is an ALTERNATIVE healer.  I will make some further comments.  The glove that the doctors have given to your child will no doubt have a marvelous work and a wonder.  Do as they ask for surely, I am not suggesting that you go against what they are saying.  Honey and colloidal silver water ARE used in many hospitals that do not have their minds closed to these alternatives, I know that, I have read about that too.  This particular hospital just isn't "that way".

Lay people.  Sorry, I take offence at that.  Yes, we honey healers do not hold a degree in healing, but I have seen miracles with honey curing, nothing short of that.  This doctor that used that awful term "lay people" has seen miracles with more advanced healing, I do not doubt that one little bit either.  I guess I could accept being called a "lay person", because I am not trained for years in the medical field, it just struck a wrong chord with me.  Sorry, sometimes I need to vent.

Carry on Greg as instructed, we do know that this glove will be a wonderful tool for healing.  The depth of the damage done to your son is too deep to now think about the "alternative" medicines.  When the glove can come off of your child, and still more healing is required, but in shorter amounts, and if there are bandages that are to be applied, as the parents' work, then, at that point, I would recommend that you use honey for healing.  Wait until that point in time, where you need not rely totally upon the miracles of the modern day "professional peoples".

Oh Greg, my thoughts with you and this child, he will heal, he will be whole, believe in him and the power he holds within to heal himself too.  Children are so pure in their person that they haven't been slighted with the doubt that we as adults have.  He believes he will heal, he will heal, it is within his body to bring this power out, and he will. Have that most wonderful and beautifully awesome day, love our lives we live, we are all so fortunate to be alive, attract great health.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 08:26:16 pm »
I convinced my wife to use honey on some sores she had that were continually being agrivated from her work.  the honey healed her sores where the prescibed medications did not.
I'm diabetic and often get sores on my lower legs and feet from nothing more that putting my boots on and off.  Honey heals them up faster than any medicated oitment can and also seems to prevent as much soreness as I would otherwise experience or did experience before I started using honey as a healing agent. 
We now keep and 8 oz jar in the medicine cabinet just for applying to open sores, with or without a bandage.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline jojoroxx

• House Bee
  • Northern California Nature Girl
    • SoHumMushers
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 08:28:32 pm »
This sounds like a very scary accident. I am glad to hear he is well on his way in his treatment/healing. Cindi, it's no surprise the doctor gave a 'funny look' when asked about honey. If it doesn't come from an chem lab they don't get it...In this case, at this time, Greg is right on to follow the MDs advice to a tee. (you can always feed him honey!! that'll make him smile :-\) The glove sounds good, I had a friend that was seriously burned at my home years ago and she had to endure daily debri-ing of her wounds. It was very stressful. Sounds like with surgery and the "glove" your son is escaping some of that misery. Now to work on the flexiblility...squeeze balls? Take care, continued prayers for your son.

By tofuroxx

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 12:49:58 pm »
Brian, I keep that jar of therapeutic honey in the cabinet too, only my jar has propolis particles suspended in it, I think this even magnifies the healing of honey.

When I used so much honey on the arm of that little girl that was burned by the tea, my Daughter had taken her to the doctor for a followup.  The doctor asked my Daughter what was used for such incredible healing.  My Daughter was reluctant to tell her, because she was pretty sure the doctor would give her "that funny look" when she told her honey and colloidal silver water.  My Daughter just though oh well, and told the doctor what I had been using for helping to heal.  The doctor told my Daughter in these words that I will never forget:  "Tell your Mother to keep on using those healing products, they have worked a miracle".  I will NEVER forget these words that came from that professional, smiling.  Have a most wonderful and awesome life, day, health, Cindi

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 07:21:01 pm »
Greg, I am sorry to say that I am just reading about your precious little ones accident. I am so sorry about that. Sounds like he is doing very well. Our little 2 yr old did a very similiar thing years ago. Very difficult time. Back and forth to the burn center for about 6 months. Best of luck. They do heal very quickly but it breaks your heart in the meantime. I would rather lose a limb that watch my kids in pain.
We were very lucky to have a great burn center close by only about 30 mins away.
there are great support groups at those places too, look into them if you get a chance it helped us tremendously.
Our prayers are with you guys, keep us posted.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Davepeg

• House Bee
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:43 am »
Greg,
I do hope your son heals quickly and is able to put this accident behind him.  It is probably worse on you and your wife.  As parents we always want to take the pain away from our children and when we can't it's hard on us.  Sounds as though you are getting him the right care and he will mend.  You have reminded us all that we need to be so careful when young children are around the kitchen. 

I wish your son and speedy recovery.
Peggy
We love the girls...