Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bi-color lespedeza  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
Bi-color lespedeza
« on: November 20, 2008, 02:08:49 pm »
Does anybody have any experience with this shrub? How does it do with the deer and how invasive is it?
King bee thanks for the info you sent but the supplier is sold out for this year do you know of any other suppliers that will ship?

Keith

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
Re: Bi-color lespedeza
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:53:44 pm »
Bi color is not very invasive in most environments. It is easily maintained however.  
I would not recommend planting it in West Texas or Oklahoma. It will do very well in prairie environments, maybe to well.  Large numbers of cattle or deer feeding heavily on it in the fall can kill it but that can kill almost any grass or forb.  Bicolor is very attractive to bees, especially during the summer when little else is in bloom.  Bicolor lespedeza is a legume that will enrich the soil just like clover or peas will.

Good luck, old Robert White needs a lot of help.  I used to be able to call two or three bleep birds a day up to my back porch with just my lips, now I almost never even hear one.  The bleep bird call also seems to have changed from 2 bobs and a white to just one bob followed by a single “white”.