Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: there could be one lurking in every crowd  (Read 7288 times)

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
there could be one lurking in every crowd
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:41:37 am »
I knew this was going to happen someday.  :roll: I'm set up at the county fair selling honey. My booth is set up complete with OB hive. 3 days into the event I had a younger gal of about 20 complete with jewelry hanging out her lip and eye browse stop and look at the hive. Then set about telling me the bees was traumatized, stressed out, poor, unhappy creatures, forced into basic slave labor and now put in a wood and glass box against there will and put on public display. By a  mean cruel person who just didn't care about the feelings of these poor creatures and so on and so forth. This one caught me off guard as this is a rural farming county full of rednecks like myself. Most of which have never used the term activist much less gave any thought about th sometimes strange views of the world these people chose to live in.  So after getting a good lashing from this young activist in training. I thought about it a minute pulled the key to the hive out of my pocket all the while totally agreeing with her. Once she noticed the key I told her she was absolutely right and I was going to let them poor stressed creatures out to be free right there in the building. This, I thought had totally changed her mind as she said she didn't want the bees out to where they could get to her. I kind of laughed to myself about it and figured it was the beginning of the end to this craziness. but not this gal She was hard core thus starting in again when I  put the key up. Now stick with me here people  I had but one last recourse on what appeared to be a losing cause. All the time she was straighten'n me up and getting my head straight with her views she was eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream. When all of a sudden I interrupted her and asked if she had ever tried honey on her ice cream.  When she said she hadn't. It appeared to me the door had opened for my exit. I offered to give her a sample of the honey I had stolen from them poor unfortunate creatures for her Ice cream. Turned out I didn't have to use the exit after all.  she turned and beat it out of the area. Leaving me In my mean cruel traumatized world to finish doing what I had set out to do in the first place . Educate people on bees and sell honey and other products of the hive  :-D
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: there could be one lurking in every crowd
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 12:42:06 pm »
that's funny.  what about the poor, traumatized cow that made the cream for her ice cream?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BearCountry

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:44:51 pm »
Your honey collected from your hives is not the reaping of slave labor... it's rent.  ;) 

I'm sure you keep your bees safe and healthy...they've never had it so good.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:49:51 pm »
All you can do I guess is to have pity on a lost soul like that, just trying to find a place to fit in, while aggravating the daylights out of normal, decent folks.

You did good Rat.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:53:35 pm »
RR, you just a mean ole slave driver, you should be ashamed for keeping bee's caged and making them work hard just to steal their honey to sale for profit, me and my bee's have a deal where if I take their honey I have to replace it with sugar water, and also I have to check on them every now and then to see how they are doing, we have a signed contract  ;)  :evil:  :-D
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline CBEE

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »
Is it just me or do most of those types have a certain kind of odd look about them ?
Not really all the body hardware and tattoos and wierd hair but just something different.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »
You should explain that yours are "union bees". You give them 3 months vacation every winter with free food and lodging.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 02:46:44 pm »
She probably belongs to PETA; People for the Ethical Tx. of Animals. I also belong to PETA. Except the PETA I belong to stands for People Eating Tasty Animals! I love to point out their hypocracies and watch them backstroke and try to justify themselves!

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 02:48:34 pm »
Is it just me or do most of those types have a certain kind of odd look about them ?
Not really all the body hardware and tattoos and weird hair but just something different.
Yep, and if you could get that drive and outspokenness channelled into doing something good for the USA, bees, whatever, before it becomes selfcentered and greedy, thats how grassroots change for the good also can start.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline sarafina

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 07:30:43 pm »
The bees are slaves alright... to their queen!   :evil:

So.......  did she have leather shoes on?  or a leather purse?   :roll:

Offline honeytaker

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:26:28 am »
get a clue wow that's sad

Offline alflyguy

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 12:45:28 pm »
I'm confused. I thought I was slave to the bees. They give me a little honey to keep me from running off.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 12:48:41 pm »
I'm confused. I thought I was slave to the bees. They give me a little honey to keep me from running off.

That might take on it as well :-D

Keith

Offline mtbe

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 01:08:36 pm »
Hmmmm....VANILLA ice cream?

She would have no vanilla if it weren't for the pollination by bees. (although mostly hand pollinated today)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 01:31:04 pm »
Did you show her the little tiny whip that you whip them with when them lazy ladies don't bring home enough of the goods? :)
Rick

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 02:04:42 am »
Did you show her the little tiny whip that you whip them with when them lazy ladies don't bring home enough of the goods? :)

If only I would have had it with me
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline adgjoan

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 06:48:44 am »
She dod not even catch on to the fact that you are the queen's pimp!  Forcing the queen to go out and mate with all the guys in the hood.

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:28 am »
Well the Fair wound down last night and we got tore down and home didnt see the gal again after the fact. But I did take a lot of good natured ribbing from the other vendors in the building for the rest of the fair.  :)

Offline Eshu

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 10:15:40 am »
There is one in my office.  She is a vegan and very vocal Libertarian - and yet feels the right to push her lifestyle on others.

Sometimes it isn't worth your breath and exasperation to point out the hypocrisy.

Every now and again I offer her a jar of honey to get her hackles up, then walk away.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 11:13:51 am »
She is a vegan and very vocal Libertarian

a lot of people who call themselves libertarians are not.  they don't understand what a libertarian is.  i lean that way, but i am a conservative.  most of the "libertarians" i know are liberals who want pot to be legal.  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything