Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 304083 times)

Offline Sand Creek Dairy

• New Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2008, 03:55:27 am »
We raise dairy goats..Nubians to be exact..milk them for of course milk, we make some cheeses and our main product is goats milk soaps..We live on Sand Creek Rd. soooo.....hence the name Sand Creek Dairy

Offline golddust-twins

• House Bee
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2008, 07:22:04 pm »
I use to have an antique store in Gold Beach and the name was.....you guessed it Gold Dust Twins.  I actually collect Gold Dust Twins soap memorabilia.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2008, 12:19:42 am »
Well hankdog is a nickname of course since my last name is Hankins pretty self explainitory there.  For the number one it's the first user name i used in yahoo and i had to add the number.  I like to keep the same user name on stuff makes it alot easier to remember when your logging on.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline countrycruisers

• New Bee
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2008, 11:43:46 pm »
Good Question.  Well, about five years ago my wife and I were trying to come up with a e-mail address we could both have and use together.  Since we are truckers and we run coast to coast most of the time somehow we came up with countrycruisers.  I have to admit though its kind of a pain because its such a long word to type.  Now we just use it for most everything because its easy to remember.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2008, 11:56:58 pm »
I use to have an antique store in Gold Beach and the name was.....you guessed it Gold Dust Twins.  I actually collect Gold Dust Twins soap memorabilia.

Is that avatar the soap???

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2008, 07:39:01 pm »
 My sis has that picture (avatar) on her wall in her bathroom...She collects them :)

your friend,
john

Offline potionlady

• New Bee
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2008, 11:10:32 am »
I have used potionlady for several years.  I make herbal soaps and lotions and such and my kids gave me the nickname several years ago because I would "create potions" and they were my test subjects.  We have had lots of fun with it.  It has just stuck with me.

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2008, 08:30:57 am »
This is my first post on this forum and I made up this name purely for beekeepimg purposes.  I will be starting my first hive next Spring in Carroll Valley, PA where I live so CVBees seemed appropriate.  I am hoping to learn lots before next spring when I get my first package and install.  Glad to find a place like this I have learned and shared more than I thought possible in the one other forum I post to. I also am an avid pumpkin carver.. 8)

Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08:08 am »
I think my avatar makes it somewhat obvious... my wife and I had a blast watching the sergeant major fish down in marathon, FL a few years back.  Combine that with my USMC experience and I thought SgtMaj was appropriate (though I never achieved that rank in the USMC).

Offline SawmillNc

• New Bee
    • SawmillNC
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2008, 06:00:04 pm »
I run sawmill on our family farm in Iron Station NC.

Offline ericthebee

• New Bee
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2008, 04:06:39 am »
 :fishhit: I guess Monty Python isn't very big in the USA .Curious , check it out on the interntet. They take life as seriously as I think you should and have an wonderfull song about Eric the half a bee. All my bees are named eric, excepting for Bruce, ian and errol.  Makes life so much easier when training them, also our friends are so impressed that we know exactly which one just stung them!.  Remember the rules... No fun

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2008, 05:04:12 pm »
Beaky Buzzard is my all time favorite cartoon character. That kind of ages me right there don't it? They only made 4 cartoons with this character and I would sit with my grandfather and we would die laughing at Beaky and his favorite Foghorn Leghorn. He died about 12 years ago so I use this and every time I see that avatar or get a chance to see one of the old toons that we watched together it just keeps him here with me. Then I just changed the Beaky to beeky and here we are. In the words of Beaky uhhhhhh  yup.
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2008, 07:08:14 am »
:fishhit: I guess Monty Python isn't very big in the USA .
There are plenty of Python fans here!

Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you! Amen.

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2008, 06:47:49 pm »
Pond Creek is a little creek that runs through our little farm here in the Ozarks.  The creek is our favorite part of our place -except a few weeks ago when it flooded and carried three of my hives away. :-x
Brian

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2008, 09:48:12 pm »
Pond creek, Thats AWESOME!!
 I mention sometimes that I live in a creek bottom, where its hotter and colder than all around here(I mean, in town)
Its name is.......drum roll................................"Pond Creek! :-D

cool huh?
Its dry most the time though, but in the early '70s I understand that it used to run. Came from a spring up the ways some.

your friend,
john

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2008, 10:40:32 pm »
I spoke with the conservation department about the creek and they said it gets its name for running in some places (i.e in ponds) and being dry in others except for wet weather.  We are lucky in that the creek runs 12 months of the year across our whole farm.  The recent floods, however, really changed the creek's flow patterns by depositing river rock in differnect areas.  Where it was deeper (3 feet) it is now shallow shoals.  The creek is a wonderful ecosystem to watch.  It is full of crawdads, small fish, herrons, wood ducks, and frogs.  I spend no small amount of time sitting on a stump and listening to the rapids roll by. 

It is cool that your place is a pond creek too.  I hope you love it as much as we love our place.
Brian

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2008, 05:19:41 pm »
Yeh, we like it...Its only running when it rains hard, then in a couple day, its stopped then dries up. If the guy who has the land its on( other side of my fence) would sell it to me, I'd get a dozer to clean out the years of dead timber that clog it up, dig an area a little bigger on the creek to hold water, and have a pond on it to fill up when it rains. I think, if I went deep enough, it would get ground water and hold water year round.
But,....The guys is probably not gonna sell for a long time...If he does' I'll probably be to old by then to be able to manage it Like I could now.

your friend,
john

Offline charlescfry

• New Bee
    • Fry Farms
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2008, 07:53:06 pm »
Well, my name is Charles Fry. My middle initial is C. so I chose the name "charlescfry" for this forum. Obviously I am not in the Witness Protection Program! ha ha.
==================================
Charles Fry
Amateur Farmer & Entremanure
Fry Farms, Ohio, USA

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2008, 08:47:53 pm »
Well Charles, That Aint no lie about you not being in the witness protection program. I bet, after seeing your avatar, I would recognize you in Walmart!
 hey, speaking of not being known,,,Google your user name...I did :shock:( I mean, I googled my name, not yours :))
 Theres me, all over the place, with a bunch of my posts from here !
Its just amazing how, once you've been on a computer, people can find out about you!
 At any rate, Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy this place the same as we all do!( I'm pretty sure you will!)
your friend,
john

Offline bmjudd

• Brood
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2008, 10:44:13 pm »
Thank you for the forum.  I am a 3 year novice at beekeeping.  Had honey the first year, but lost the bees to winter.  I did not know what i was doing.  Started again and failed.  Started again and had one hive make it.

I chose my name because it is my name - Bmjudd = Brett Judd.  Easy to remember.  I need that.