Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: slatted rackes pattern  (Read 2318 times)

Offline the kid

• House Bee
slatted rackes pattern
« on: April 17, 2008, 09:38:14 pm »
I have looked but not real good with this computor ....    I would like something about how to build slatted rackes... My son has to duild it as I can't work with raw wood ..  and he needs somthing to go by ... does any one have a site or anything that would help ????    Thank you for your time ..
the kid

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: slatted rackes pattern
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:21:35 am »
Don't have a picture but I can tell you how I build mine.  I make a shim out of 1X2s and then use 5/8 to 1 inch doweling to run lengthwise so they align beneath the frames.  The round doweling gives the bees more cluster and fanning space and also allows the mites and debre to slid off and out of the hive.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:08:59 am »
http://www.beesource.com/plans/bottomrack.htm

Some people turn the slats the other way on the theory that the mites can fall through better.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 09:16:01 am »
Here are the ones I've been building.  Modeled after the ones Killian used and swore by.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 09:16:21 pm »
thank you to all ,, I will have him pick ,,as he will have to make it ,,,   want to give them a try
the kid

anything