Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The answer you don't want to give....  (Read 2947 times)

Offline oblib

• House Bee
The answer you don't want to give....
« on: February 23, 2012, 05:41:37 pm »
  So I was putting together boxes today. The GF was watching and we were having a good time talking and getting work done when she asks me... How far in do those staples go?

So I reply, "Well they are 2 inches long so they go in about" pulls trigger "1/4 of an inch into my finger I would guess." :shock:

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
Re: The answer you don't want to give....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:32:36 pm »
 :shock: :shock: :shock: not good.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:48 am »
Good thing it wasn't the nail gun...

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:03:21 am »
4 man crew installing 3/4 tongue and grove osb sub flooring on my house.  They were showing off for sure.  One Man gluing, 2 men throwing the sheets in place and my wife's cousin holding the trigger of the 2" stapler and banging them down as fast as he could.  Stumbled on the air hose and shot one right through the toe of his new boots.  He dropped the gun and fell backward but his foot was firmly fastened down.  One of the guys carfully cut open the boot toe with a utility knife and there was the staple.  Just enough showing to grab with a pliers and right dead center of his big toe nail.  He told cus OK on 3 and we pull it out.  He said 1.....2 and yanked it out

Offline oblib

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:08 am »
Good thing it wasn't the nail gun...

Yup a nail ,even a brad, would have hurt alot more. Sore as all get out today but I got all my boxes done :-D

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:14 am »
This is a true story. I was helping a friend(he is a contractor,carpenter) put a new roof on a friends house. We live in snow country so the roof is steep 6/12 pitch. We were laying plywood very slippery, as was stated the people that use the nail guns hold the trigger on all the time. He slipped, nailed into the side of his knee. He said it did not hurt at first. One of his workers who is a pretty tough guy saw what happend stepped up and said let me pull it out(2 inch nails ribbed). Pulled out his side cutters grabbed the head of the nail which was on the out side of his pants pulled as hard as he could. would not come out now he goes to the side of the foor throws up. This is all taking place on the top of a 2 story house,6/12 pitch 100 plus degrees. we got both to the ground and to the doctor. His knee would not bend the nail went into the joint.  Fun day is sure was glad I said would help.