Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Upstate NY,( Outside buffalo  (Read 2447 times)

Offline BarnesBees

• New Bee
Hello from Upstate NY,( Outside buffalo
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:35:11 pm »
I am a new member but have been working wtih bees for about 2 1/2 seasons now.  Still have a lot to learn!  Thanks to all of you that will be answering my countless questions. 

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Upstate NY,( Outside buffalo
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:34:00 pm »
Hello and Welcome BarnesBees 
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny 

Offline benny

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:55:40 pm »
Hello and welcome:
My sister is going to try to get started she think little sister (Me) has a novel idea. She is from Buffalo area also.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:02:27 am »
BarnesBees.  Welcome to our forum, great you found us, and yes, we will answer your countless questions, that is a good thing and that is how we learn.  This will be a place where you can also tell your stories, tales and experiences, make some new friends, stick around.  have that wonderful and most awesome day, life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:50:04 pm »
I am a new member but have been working wtih bees for about 2 1/2 seasons now.  Still have a lot to learn!  Thanks to all of you that will be answering my countless questions. 

I've been beekeeping for 50 years and had a mentor when I started that had over 60 years then.  He tried to cram it all into my head in 6 short years.
I, too, still have a lot to learn.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline BarnesBees

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 02:54:29 pm »
Just found out about a GREAT story for all of you fellow BeeKeepers.  As I wrote earlier I have been doing this for a few years now and was just recently re-united wiht some long lost realtives of my father from down south.  I have never met any of them before this.  Well come to find out guess what my great grandfathers and Great uncles all did for a hobby and money when they came over back in the 17 and 1800's.  You guessed it BEE'S!   they sold the honey for $ and also made mead and used in in their liquor.  I found some pics of them standing around the their hives. 

Funny how life is just one big circle. 

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:43:10 am »
COOL :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.