Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping Patents  (Read 36215 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Beekeeping Patents
« on: February 16, 2005, 10:32:14 pm »
If your up for some experimenting, I have just added a new section to my website with beekeeping patents.

I will continue to add more as time permits and space allows.  If you have a particular patent you would like to see, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:31:29 am by Robo »
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Beekeeping Patents
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 10:35:07 pm »
That is cool Robo, thanks :D
Ryan Horn

Offline wayne

• House Bee
patents
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 05:06:38 pm »
If I can find it I have a set of patent papers from around 1900 for a bee hive.
  I'll look for them.

wayne
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline magnet-man

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • New Bee
    • Honeymoon Apiaries
Re: Beekeeping Patents
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 01:15:09 am »
I have all of the beekeeping patents as of 2006 posted on my site.

http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com/web_beekeeping/default.htm
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:52:00 pm by Robo »

Offline Brooklyn

• House Bee
    • Quality Pet Food Online
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 12:35:03 pm »
Magnet bee
That is a cool site. Do you know of anyone that has built one of those great classic hive?

Brooklyn

Offline Brooklyn

• House Bee
    • Quality Pet Food Online
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:53 pm »
Robo,
Great Videos.

Thanks
Brooklyn

Offline magnet-man

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • New Bee
    • Honeymoon Apiaries
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 04:47:36 pm »
There is a big annual bee meeting at Ohio State University Extension at Wooster, Ohio. There is a very fine collection of old hives, equipment and manufacturing equipment. They have the actual machine that A.I Root describes in the book for making the rollers to make wax foundation.

Offline CountryBee

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:24:30 pm »
Hey Robo, do you personally use top entrance for your bees in NY?  Is it a good idea or bad idea?  Thanks :)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 09:57:28 am »
Hey Robo, do you personally use top entrance for your bees in NY?  Is it a good idea or bad idea?  Thanks :)

I personally don't use top entrances.  Gave it a try and went back to bottom entrances -> http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,25982.msg203259.html#msg203259

Just my personal preference.  You will find others that swear by them.   I don't think there is a right or wrong way.  Feral hives use whatever they are dealt with quite efficiently.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline CountryBee

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »
Thank you for the info, wasn't sure which way to go.  My hive count is now 5 strong with some nucs and I have started to make some woodenware.  But I live in central NY so not sure, we have skunks in the country always giving them problems but the winters are so cold..... wasn't sure which way to go.  I'll continue using bottom entrances.  Thanks.

Offline Kan-ok bees

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:28 pm »
 I sure do enjoy reading what you do with bees and I don'thave any new ideas for patents or inventions but I would like to see someone do a study about the MOON  Phases and if the phases has any effect with bees.Talk to amost farmer and he will tell you the phases does effect weaning of calfs from the mother cow. Also some farmers plant and kill weeds by phases. The moon phases may not effect bees at all but it may.Who knows how it may effect the hives but I would like to see a study done to find out and I know it would need to be done for several years.I am 72 years old so I may not be around long enough for a good study . I would like to see it done by a university but haven't had any luck . just thought someone that has more enflunce with the bee world maybe could .I did contact the American Bee Council but no answer.  anyway my idea may sound crazy but that is it. MOON Phases and bees   Merl  Votaw   From KAN OK bees

Offline fshrgy99

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »
Thanks for all the cool vids robo and JP
Dennis

Offline fshrgy99

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 08:26:56 pm »
Oh Yeah, I especially loved the idea of using a coroplast starter strip in a foundationless frame. Thanks!

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 02:47:31 pm »
Hey Robo, I was perusing your patents list several months ago and found it interesting.  I went to go look at it again today and the link is borked.  Searched Bushkill farms website, no joy.  Did you drop this project?
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 10:01:06 pm »
Hey Robo, I was perusing your patents list several months ago and found it interesting.  I went to go look at it again today and the link is borked.  Searched Bushkill farms website, no joy.  Did you drop this project?

Turns out over the years I have started a few different websites and have not had the time to keep up on them.   A while back I started to migrate the best parts of them all to beevac.com.    As for the patents, the plugin that was used to manage the files and create the lists has stopped working on updated versions of wordpress and is no longer supported.  Sorry.

Offline little john

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 05:28:48 am »
If you use the Internet Archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160104223351/http://robo.bushkillfarms.com/beekeeping/patents/
you can then identify the Patent number.  But - you'll then need to source that Patent from it's number via Google 'Patents' or the USPO, as it appears that the Internet Archive hasn't stored any .pdf's from the above webpage.

I've just noticed that "Beekeeping Patents from the Past and Present" which used to be viewable from HoneyMoonApiaries.com is also no longer available.  Bummer.  I squirrelled away 41 of the 72 pages from that site (only those I was interested in)  back in 2012, which I'll try and make available for viewing over the winter - but again, you'll need to source the actual Patent .pdf from it's number as mentioned above, as direct links from those pages no longer work - they are only good for the Patent number itself and a brief description of each Patent.  Wish I'd saved all 72 pages now ...

BTW - if anyone wants those 41 pages (as a 150k .zip file), just drop me a PM.
LJ

A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 01:38:12 pm »