Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: White House Bee Swarm Video  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
White House Bee Swarm Video
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:03:17 pm »
Apparently this past spring a swarm arrived on the North Lawn near the NBC camera guys and had to be removed. Here is the video link to it.

Not terribly exciting, but interesting how he cut the whole swarm out and didn't shake it.
Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
Re: White House Bee Swarm Video
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:14:44 pm »
Thanks for posting the video. I think the guy doing the removal knew he was going to be on tv. Nice new gloves. Clean coat. I think I understand why he didn't shake the swarm. He had lots of people watching and didn't want a lot of bees in the air. What I have found is people keep getting closer and closer as you are working the swarm. It is funny some people get as close as they can and others run. The thing I did notice was how poorly the plants were kept being that close to the "White House". I have been in that guys place a few times but never a camera looking over my shoulder, pictures from 50 feet, yea.  Thanks again   Tony       

Offline LSBees

• New Bee
Re: White House Bee Swarm Video
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:11:42 pm »
Great video and story, Thanks for sharing