Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbee from Connecticut  (Read 1812 times)

Offline dronedave22

• New Bee
Newbee from Connecticut
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:42 am »
Hello there my name is DAve I am not a Beekeeper but have always been fascinated by insects esp Hymenoptera(ants,bees and wasps)!  Recently I purchased the book: "Keeping Bees and making honey" by Alison Benjamin and Brian McCallum.  Now I am even more interested and entertaining the idea of beekeeping when I buy my own home.  I plan to have a very insect friendly garden and yard in the future.  A couple years ago at a local fall festival there was a honey and wax candle and ect. stand talked to the Beekeeper a little learned a little about eating honey and pollen to reduce allergies, and tried different varieties that I have not heard of before Mine and my Wife's favorite was the Palmetto.  During the Spring and Summer I love taking hikes around my area and taking pics of insects, I just love observing them...Ants thou will always be my favorite insect. 
DAve

P.S.  Have to run off to work now but will start posting some of my insect pics soon.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:24:25 pm by dronedave22 »

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
Re: Newbee from Connectict
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:56:56 pm »

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:03:38 pm »
Drone Dave, I can’t wait to see some of your pics.  Please also let us know what kind of macro lens and/or camera setup you are using too.  My favorite insects are the bees and moths.

Offline dronedave22

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:00:15 pm »
Thanx everyone.  And Bluebee, nothing fancy with the camera, I use a Canon PowerShot A410 digital camera on the macro setting for my insect pictures.  Will post my website soon.
DAve
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:16:51 pm by dronedave22 »

anything