Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: neat! was attending a beekeeping class and we had 2 swarms show up!  (Read 1753 times)

Offline TwoBigCats

• New Bee
    • TwoBigCats
subject line says it all.  i've written about our class' experience and posted some pics of the "boxed" swarms last saturday at my beeguy's place... i'll email moderator the link for their approval. hope you / they will find it useful.

hal
btw, i get my two packages this saturday :)

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
Re: neat! was attending a beekeeping class and we had 2 swarms show up!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:53:11 pm »
Nothing like reality huh?  Did anyone manage to capture them?

David

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:01:44 pm »
I was lucky enough to witness several swarms as they happened. It is a neat phenomenon.

Good luck with your packages.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:57 am »
Just set up a swarm trap today.  A used Deep nuc with partial frames of comb.  I'm still waiting on the Lemon grass oil I ordered but will spray a bit in there using and atomizer when I get it. 
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline TwoBigCats

• New Bee
    • TwoBigCats
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 02:21:17 pm »
Nothing like reality huh?  Did anyone manage to capture them?

David
yeah, it was great!  and yes, both swarms were captured (the pics on my own web pages show a very, very full box o' bees). 

Offline TwoBigCats

• New Bee
    • TwoBigCats
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 03:34:46 pm »
moderator,

i'm curious if i've done something wrong to not have you include the link to my blog that shows the pics of the boxes of bees that were in the two swarms that showed up at our class that day.

the reason i ask is i've sent photo / link in the past and they were reviewed and then included with my post.  since mine is a family / friends, non-commercial (in any way) blog, i was hoping to share the pics.  (interestingly enough, over the past two days there have been quite a few visitors to the box 'o bees post i referenced, but i can't tell their origination.)

anyway, i realize every community has their standards, so please let me know if / how i've somehow breached beemasters.

thx in advance.
best,
hal

anything