Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: AFB and swarming : Brand new AFB research doctor from Sweden  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
http://www.biodlarna.se/OmBin/friska_och_sjuka_bin/A_Lindstroms_avhandling_2006.pdf

Twenty-two of the 25 swarms and 21 of the mother colonies were positive for P. larvae at the time of swarming. There was a significant correlation between the spore loads of the daughter swarms and mother colonies at the time of swarming.

..... None of the swarms showed any clinical disease symptoms at any time. This indicates that the amount of spores needed to produce clinical disease are not transmitted by swarms, or at least that
they are not readily available to the larvae. If clinical symptoms appear, it is on a non-detectable level

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
AFB and swarming : Brand new AFB research doctor from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:33:52 am »
Thanks for the link, Finsky! This was really interresting!

I was just curious:  Did you find this research paper by chance, or do you have a link to a web page with news about beekeeping research?  I've been looking for a reseource about beekeeping research, but haven't found any good one yet.

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:39:24 am »
From where I got that:
Our univerity researcher Seppo Korpela wrote about that in our forum.

I had a little bit difficulties to understand university language, what is lateral and vertical distibution ?

Offline latebee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:50 am »
Thank You Finsky,  I for one- am grateful that you pass on all the latest knowledge you glean from the beekeepers aroung the world. On many occasions you have helped or inspired many of us in times of trouble. I hope that your kindness is repaid ten times over.Soar like an eagle---you deserve to!
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:09:06 pm »
Verticle distrubution would be distribution in an up and down direction.  Lateral distribution would be distribution going side-to-side; left to right I supose.

anything