Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Me and my girls :)  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
Me and my girls :)
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:53:36 pm »
I have bees finally!!!  :)  And here they are :)  Luckily there was a cancellation and I ended up with TWO packages instead of just one.  So I can have the two hives that I was secretly hoping for.  So here I am with my two daughters and my two tubes of adopted bee daughters (assuming they are mainly girls in there lol)  Just me and my girls ;)

I also have three Sons but thought it would be kind of cool to have a picture of me and all my girls ;) 

I'm waiting until this evening to put them in the hive...thankfully the weather right now is perfect :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Me and my girls :)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:56:02 pm »
Congratulations!! Like the way you cropped the picture btw.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:51:45 am »
Janemma!!  Wow, that is cool.  I never knew that bees came in tubes, learn something new every single day.  What a lovely picture of ALL your girls, you have some pretty sweet looking little ladies there, lovely, lovely.

Enjoy the bees, you all are in for the times of your lives, you think you are interested now, you just wait and see, your interest will increase every time you work with them, watch them, smell the scents of the hive....you ain't seen nuthin' yet.  Have that glorious and wonderful day as yours.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:23:29 am »
That is cool!  I haven't ever seen them in tubes, either!  Doesn't matter, once they're in the hive, they'll be doing the same thing they all do!  :)

But I am interested - do they all just slide out of that tube?  Are they in there long?  Is there food in there like the regular packages?  Inquiring minds need to know!

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 11:44:42 am »
i never seen them in tubes either, maybe this is a new way to travel for them.  Its probably somehow cheaper to ship them in a tube instead of a box  :mrgreen:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:14:56 pm »
yeh, tubes! I never imagined!
 Nice picture Janemma!!
 I really like to see pics of the people here in the forums!! Alot of people are shy of putting their pics out here. I used to be that ways years ago, but I started taking pictures, and to show people that it wasnt so horrible to have a picture taken I hade to have pictures taken of myself! :-D Then I got to where I liked to be in pictures! Now, my wife gets mad cuz I jump in pictures being taken, or bend into pictures so I can be seen! Pictures of me just CRACK ME UP!! To me, I always seem to look different! Heh, heh, heh,....Even when I put my picture in here, I keep going back to look at it!!!....And LAUGH!!!....LOOK and LAUGH!!(Man, sometimes I think theres something wrong with me :roll:

Seeing your picture of you and your daughters, to me, shows love! :) Can you imagine looking at this picture 20 years from now?( gosh dang, I'm feeling "Sappy" today!)
 I'd like to see more of everybody here!
 Ok,... I have to get ready to  get a new tooth...They're gonna put it in today!
Maybe I'll post a picture of it!!
I hope you had fun getting your bees put away!!

your friend,
john

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »
Wow, totally tubular bees!  Great photo :-D

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:36:14 pm »
Great photo and a neat way to get bees. Good luck with you new endeavor.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 07:07:39 pm »
I saw that pic and was thinking "must be tobacco country" ~ bee tubes look like giant cigarettes!    :-D

All the best to you & your girls!

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 08:19:12 pm »
yeh, tubes! I never imagined!
 Nice picture Janemma!!
 I really like to see pics of the people here in the forums!! Alot of people are shy of putting their pics out here. I used to be that ways years ago,
Maybe I'll post a picture of it!!
I hope you had fun getting your bees put away!!

your friend,
john

hahaha now I can't see you as ever being shy of having your picture taken ;)

I am not thrilled to have my picture taken but I force myself ;)  Especially with my children!  I have a few (lol 5!!!) blogs and so have my picture taken fairly often for those!  and I learned the hard way the importance of pictures - my friend Julie hated to have her picure taken - she always hated the way she looked in pictures.  She died a few years ago and left her 4 children with VERY few pictures of her to remember her by :(  So I promised myself I would be in LOTS of pictures :) 

As for hiving my bees - I LOVED it :)  It was such a thrill :)  We videoed it and I put it on my bee blog (link below) - and of course I've had endless jokes about how I look like the yellow hat guy from Curious George......lol!!!  ;) 

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:58 pm »
I saw that pic and was thinking "must be tobacco country" ~ bee tubes look like giant cigarettes!    :-D

All the best to you & your girls!

Lol now I just saw them as huge inside tubes from toilet tissue rolls ;)

Offline DaveKow

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 09:57:34 am »
Looks like Beemaster needs to make a new video.  "Bee tube install on Youtube".

anything