Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi all jr beekeepers  (Read 3467 times)

Offline austin

• New Bee
Hi all jr beekeepers
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:47:19 am »
Hi my name is Austin.  I was wondering if there are any kids out there that are also interested in beekeeping?  Hope to hear from you soon!   :roll:

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Hi all jr beekeepers
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:59:56 pm »
I'm glad to hear kids are still interested in beekeeping.  I started keeping bees at the age of 11 in 1959.  an inquiry of your classmates at school might reveal others with the same interest.  Form a junior beekeepers club, find a beekeeper who is willing to help and have fun.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 01:15:32 pm »
seems there are lots of Florida bee keepers.  they may not have seen your post here.  try also posting on the the other forums and i bet you'll find that some of the Florida beekeepers have bee keeping kids!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:39:03 pm »
I'm in High school, Getting two hives for ag class, Had lots of interest from friends, and things like that. Don't know what you're asking for because a beekeeper is a beekeeper is a beekeeper.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 06:49:42 pm »
Hi Austin

Welcome to the boards. Add to your profile where you are in Florida. I am in West Palm Beach. We have lots of Florida beekeepers here. The only problem is that all those notherners are the ones giving advice.  ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:10:17 am »
To those who don't know, Austin is 9 years old and actively tends his own nucs. He also helps his dad PDMattox actively in the bee yard and is a great chatter in our Voice Chat and actively becoming one of the better golfers playing Online Tiger Woods Golf.

I'd love to see more members bring their kids into the forums here in 2007 to share interests with our younger members.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 06:22:55 pm »
yeah austin is a great golfer we can hardly ever beat him oh well
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:55 am »
Good luck with your beekeeping
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon