Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from an Old Bee Guy in New Mexico  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Old Bee Guy

• New Bee
  • Where antelope and buffalo graze...
Hello from an Old Bee Guy in New Mexico
« on: December 09, 2007, 12:54:55 am »
Hi, all.

I've been a beekeeper for 38 years, full-time for 29 of them. I just found this forum and signed on. I look forward to sharing beekeeping talk with members here.

Ken

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from an Old Bee Guy in New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 02:30:42 am »
I look forward to hearing what you have to say after all those years, and learning from another experienced beekeeper.  Welcome!!

Annette - second year beekeeper and still learning

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 03:30:42 am »
Welcome Ken, I'm sure you'll have lots to share with all that experience. Sincerely, JP.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 11:41:23 am »
Ken, welcome and what a great name, you share this same name with my Husband, and he is a great man.

Very glad that you found our forum.  You will bring years and years of great experience and some new ideas for us that are babies in the field of apiculture.  That is a wonderful thing.  YOu may even learn some cool stuff from some of us too, welcome.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 11:46:11 am »
Welcome Ken,

If you read all the posts, you will learn a lot about many subjects in addition to bee keeping. This is a great forum with a very diverse membership. Please feel free to post.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Old Bee Guy

• New Bee
  • Where antelope and buffalo graze...
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:56 am »
Thanks for the welcome, good people.
I'll be checking in from time-to-time... reading through the forum's current and past posts... commenting whenever I think I can contribute something.

Annette, I had planned to visit your Sierra mountains countryside this past October... then they canceled this year's Placerville Logging Show... :(
I communicate regularly with several people in your area who share one of my hobbies... collecting and restoring antique chainsaws...

JP, I'm writing a book... nothing earth-shattering in the beekeeping literature... just observations and experiences over the years...

Cindi, I can see that you have a wonderful up-beat and optimystic attitude toward the Universe...  :) That is a great attribute for anyone, especially folks who work with and for honeybees. btw, I've observed over the years that the moon sign and phase do indeed affect how solidly fence posts will set... among many other things in human and agricultural life.

Steve, I see there's lots to read here... will try to make  start this winter...

All the Best to You!!

Ken

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 09:54:55 am »
Ken, thank you for the kind words.  When you compose your book and have it finalized, I would love to read the ramblin's of an old time beekeeper.  I love these words that come from years and years of wisdom, I ask that you let me be one of the first to read your writings.  That would make me a lucky woman.  Good luck with your writings, they will be wonderful. Have a beautiful and great day.  Cindi

P.S.  Imagine that!!!!  Issues with fence post setting and the moon phase.....we never know, now do we?  I govern many of my garden plantings by the moon phases, by the way.  C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline taipantoo

• House Bee
  • Me after six weeks of sun in Nome, Alaska
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 12:29:07 pm »
P.S.  I govern many of my garden plantings by the moon phases, by the way.  C.

I have a friend who swears by that.

Welcome Old Bee Guy.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 02:39:03 pm »
Let me know next time you are in the area. Perhaps we can meet and talk bee stuff.

Sincerely
Annette

anything