Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Burl's Back  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Burl

• House Bee
Burl's Back
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »
   Hey all ! ,   It's been quite some time (about a year and a half , or so) since I've been active here , so I thought perhaps we might take this opportunity to get get reacquainted .
  I live with my darling wife and 3 precious children in Northern British Columbia Canada in a region called Peace River Country . We are near the historic Alaska Highway .   We feel this part of the world is the        " land global warming FORGOT " for 8 months of the year .  Then from the beginning of May till the end of August it explodes into this sort of lush idyllic paradise which might be interrupted at any time by snow and or frost .  It sure makes gardening interesting .  If you're ever inclined to come visit us , do remember your tire chains .
  We have 4 acres of land , raise meat rabbits , laying hens , and banties.   We have a large garden (1/2 acre), 3 greenhouses, and have been searching for and acquiring cold-hardy varieties of fruit trees/ bushs.  My wife helps out at the local little country grade school as a teachers' aide , I work at home on my small bandsawmill , repair furniture , and build bee equipment ( we have 4 colonies of our own).  We built a new home for our family , that's why I've been absent from the forum lately .  Our old house was making us sick .  So out with the old and in with the new .  I have been finishing it as funds allow .  We are warm and well fed , thankful content and well .  We are active in our local Church and find that to be a reciprocal blessing.  I'll hope to be wading into the forum more in the coming days .  I do hope my corny sense of humor does and will not offend anyone .  I just love to hear the children laugh and see the people smile .  For me it is the the most beautiful music I can hear , and the grandest portraits there are to see.
   ---Burl--- More than just a bump on a log .
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
Re: Burl's Back
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:13:42 pm »
Welcome back......
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:29:21 pm »
Hey Burl!
I remember you! welcome back!
your friend,
john

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:02:48 pm »
Hello and Welcome Burl 

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:47:42 am »
Burl, welcome back, I clearly remember you and your corny sense of humour  X:X X:X :lau: .  Kidding, but not kidding, seems to me, if memory serves me well, you are the Master of those funny little jokes, can't recall the exact name of the type of joke, right, a pun, a spoonerism.....

Oh yes, you struck a chord with some of us in that topic that had so many posts, believe it was called “puns and spoonerisms”, could never figure out what spoonerisms were, but you certainly took that post over the hill and far away, smiling.  Welcome back, stick around, you been up to some interesting stuff, and I can bet my bottom dollar you got a good tale or two to tell to your old forum friends.  This is what is so cool about our forum, we have so many, many friends here....Have that most beautiful, most wonderful day, to enjoy with that best of health.  Cindi

Go here to see Burl at his best, hee, hee!!!  http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,11809.0.html

Oh BTW, here’s a couple for ya……my Husband is thinking of a good one, I was telling him about you just now and how many, many puns you gave to us that always (mostly anyways) brought a good smile to our face, and sometimes lots of inside chuckles too, good for the body and soul…..big smiling…..

writers under pressure, are at present, tense

what part of an ant likes to play tic tac toe, the X O skeleton

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:23:09 pm »
Burl, welcome back, I clearly remember you and your corny sense of humour  X:X X:X :lau: .  Kidding, but not kidding, seems to me, if memory serves me well, you are the Master of those funny little jokes, can't recall the exact name of the type of joke, right, a pun, a spoonerism.....

Oh yes, you struck a chord with some of us in that topic that had so many posts, believe it was called “puns and spoonerisms”, could never figure out what spoonerisms were, but you certainly took that post over the hill and far away, smiling.  Welcome back, stick around, you been up to some interesting stuff, and I can bet my bottom dollar you got a good tale or two to tell to your old forum friends.  This is what is so cool about our forum, we have so many, many friends here....Have that most beautiful, most wonderful day, to enjoy with that best of health.  Cindi

Go here to see Burl at his best, hee, hee!!!  http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,11809.0.html

Oh BTW, here’s a couple for ya……my Husband is thinking of a good one, I was telling him about you just now and how many, many puns you gave to us that always (mostly anyways) brought a good smile to our face, and sometimes lots of inside chuckles too, good for the body and soul…..big smiling…..

writers under pressure, are at present, tense

what part of an ant likes to play tic tac toe, the X O skeleton

Holy crap we laughed for an hour reading these!!!!!!
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

anything