Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bees loose in car  (Read 1583 times)

Offline bonsai

• New Bee
bees loose in car
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:35:28 pm »
Now I know I can't be the first one... got a swarm call this morning. Easy deal- 5' off the ground in a tree, cut three branches and they're loaded in a deep, with a top on the bottom. Not sure if they had a queen in the big ball... Only the cover wasn't a tight fit so about 50+ bees are on the back window of my Caravan. Do I just open the back door and not worry about the stragglers, or let them sit tight till dark and hope they go back in the box?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: bees loose in car
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:11:33 pm »
when they die, vacuum them out.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:06 pm »
open the car up and let them loose. Then vacuum any that stayed and died.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 06:22:48 pm »
Now I know I can't be the first one... got a swarm call this morning. Easy deal- 5' off the ground in a tree, cut three branches and they're loaded in a deep, with a top on the bottom. Not sure if they had a queen in the big ball... Only the cover wasn't a tight fit so about 50+ bees are on the back window of my Caravan. Do I just open the back door and not worry about the stragglers, or let them sit tight till dark and hope they go back in the box?

:lau: :lau: :lau: :lau:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »
Next time, leave that hive body and top at home. You would have done better with a cardboard box
and some duct tape.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »
I keep a couple of bees flying around my truck just for company on long trips. :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »
I keep a couple of bees flying around my truck just for company on long trips. :-D

Scott

:th_thumbsupup:  :goodpost:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Old Blue

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:21 am »

Scott

Ha Ha Ha ! ! !  :-D
Thats the best laugh I've had all day. 
Thanks

Old Blue
If you got a couple of bees in your car you'll be taxed, fee'd, fined and and beaurocratized right out of em! in .......
Kali-bone-ya

anything