Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another true story  (Read 2615 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Another true story
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:56:37 pm »
Yesterday at bedtime, I had just finished the bible story for the 4 year old and he looks at me all puzzled and asked just how could Jesus have healed her?  He was thinking and starting to put things together.  I explained God's son could do anything and he asked me where was God?   I said God is everywhere and he looked at me and said how come he had never seen him?   
I was glad when he got tired enough to sleep last night.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Another true story
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:33 pm »
yup, sometimes they can really test you  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »
OK, tonight he asked "what animal was hush puppies?"  We explained that they were corn not animal.   Then he asked "what animal was bread?"  We went over that with him and then he asked "then what animal was chicken?"   

A thousand questions.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:28 pm »
be very thankful

Offline meade kampe

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:41:17 am »
When my oldest daughter went through the million question stage, I had to make many references to God.  One day, she passed gas, and I asked her why she did that.  I explained that ladies don't do that, and if they do; they say excuse me.  She answered, "Well, God put it there, what did he want me to do with it?"

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 11:04:50 pm »
OK, tonight we were eating super at the table and the 4 year old looks up at his mother and asks "mom, when are you going to die?"  She looks at me with her mouth open and I tell him "not for a very very long time."  Then he looks back at her and asks "who will cook for me?"   

anything