Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: All Dead.. First year oops?  (Read 6066 times)

Offline naturaledge

• New Bee
Re: All Dead.. First year oops?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 05:36:17 pm »
Hi from Maine. I had four hives die ,starved poor prep on my part . I cleaned all the dead bees off and saw white matter like you have in a few spots and it turned out to be crystallized nectar or honey maybe aster honey I've heard it can do that. Sorry about your bees I am getting more this year and will try to do better by them . Brian

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 06:56:31 am »
Brian D Bray said; "they can find forage anytime of year in most areas of US."  Sorry Brian I couldn't resist ;), but you must not travel outside Washington much, as there is actually quite a large section of "Northern" US that certainly does NOT have any available forage, some parts for as long as five months or more.

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 12:47:22 am »
Brian D Bray said; "they can find forage anytime of year in most areas of US."  Sorry Brian I couldn't resist ;), but you must not travel outside Washington much, as there is actually quite a large section of "Northern" US that certainly does NOT have any available forage, some parts for as long as five months or more.

thomas

I said "most," most doesn't include deserts, made of either sand or rock, or large bodies of water called the Great Lakes.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything