Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Texas beekeeper  (Read 2265 times)

Offline CraigW

• House Bee
  • Thunder Rolls
New Texas beekeeper
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:21:27 pm »
I am still waiting for my bees, thats how new I am. I am fortunate to find bee forums on-line. Michael Bush has been very educational to me from these forums, along with others. I hope to be in a situation to financially support this forum one day and do thanks its owner for the time and effort they have put into this very important resource..

I live in south central Texas and have for the last 6 years, moved from Kingwood, TX north-side of Houston. this is our last home, I hope, we have 7 acers and most of it is in fruit and vegetable farming. Bees will be a great help to us.
I hope to have about 20 hives or so enough to supplement our income. At one time my Father had 37 hives but he quit before the AHB came to town.
Forgive me if I ask a dumb question or if I ask it the wrong way, because my knowledge in this area is nil and so I will be showing off my ignorance.

Thanks,
Craig
Have a great Day and Thanks!

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
New Texas beekeeper
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 08:00:50 am »
Welcome aboard, Craig!

It is always great to see new faces here!  There are many of us here that is new to bees, and don't be afraid to ask simple questions.  But I also recomend to try the search functionality of this forum as you can probably find answers to many of your questions in existing threads/discussion.  I have learned here that knowing how the climate is for the person asking questions can be important to how the answer will be, and even though you mention here where you are from, it will be a good idea to edit your profile and write in your location in the "location" field so people can see this all the time.

Looking forward to see you around!

eivindm

anything