Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wanna be beekeeper  (Read 2018 times)

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• New Bee
Wanna be beekeeper
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:32:32 pm »
Howdy. I am a wanna be beekeeper and have been getting books from the library about beekeeping and researching about it on the internet. My main reasons for wanting to beekeep is because I love nature and wildlife and also would like to enjoy some honey. We have only 14 acres of land but it has lots of wild flowers growing everywhere, especially goldenrod which I hear is what bees really like and I see lots of bees on the goldenrod. So Im hoping once I get the money saved up to get started that my bees will be happy and content here. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and yall.  :)90

If it does not harm the bees I would also like to use some of their beeswax for making my own herbal salves and so on.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Wanna be beekeeper
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:06:23 am »
Welcome to beemaster BJ! You will learn about bees and other things here and make friends as well. Have fun navigating the different forum areas. Again, welcome and best of luck to you.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:26:09 am »
BJ, good, you didn't go away, hee, hee.  You just wait, you say you are a wannabe beekeeper, you ain't seen nothing yet, just wait until you get some bees, you will become an addict.  Welcome, this is the best place to spend some great, quality time, learning and telling us of your experiences with the bees.  We love new forum members.  Have a great and best of day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Beesilly

• New Bee
    • Dragon Bees
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:15:14 am »
welcome! you might want to look into the topbar hive, you get a good amount of wax out of this hive and get some honey, not like 200lbs from a langstroth hive. maybe 50 to 90 lbs? §¤«£¿æ.com talks all about them...
Anyways..welcome!
beesilly