Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Guy from GEORGIA  (Read 3135 times)

Offline THETOOLMAN

• New Bee
New Guy from GEORGIA
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:21:02 am »
Raised bees in the FFA during high school . That was just before electric lights  :-D I have been bouncing around trying my hand at it again . But need a lot of info. not shure I can make a go of it. IT gets very hot here  :-\
 TOOL

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: New Guy from GEORGIA
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:14:08 pm »
we have some other folks from your state.  they can probably give you some good ideas for your area.

welcome! 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline THETOOLMAN

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:01:29 pm »
Thanks for the welcome I am looking forwards to getting to know y'all

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
I'm doak
Where bouts in jawja are you.
I'm here 35 miles north of Macon
Don't feel bad about the heat, I slow down at 85 degrees and completely shut down at 90.
doak

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 11:06:26 pm »
I second that Georgia welcome! I live in Fort Valley.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline THETOOLMAN

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:47:55 pm »
I'm from midland just up from columbus

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 10:19:34 am »
THETOOLMAN.  Welcome to our forum!!!  Cool that you are dabbling in bees again, a most interesting and wonderfully great thing to be involved in, as you already know.  YOu will have questions, ask them here, all questions will get great answers and all questions are good ones, never consider a question not worthy of a response, so not true.

Tell us a little more about yourself, we are a nosey (I am for sure) and a curious bunch of people.  You will make new friends here, it is like a family, we care, and I speak for all of us.  Have a wonderful, most beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 01:07:31 pm »
Welcome TheToolMan, brings thoughts of Tim Allen.  I did bees in FFA also.  Spent most of a Summer in Fort Gordon suffering from heatstroke.  Thing I learned about Georgia was why Waycross is called that--seems from Augusta you have to go waycross Georgia to get there.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 08:31:22 pm »
Welcome Toolman,
We are from South Central Alabama, but we have a daughter near you out from Columbus at Geneva, Ga

Offline THETOOLMAN

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 09:45:42 pm »
wow, ya'll are every where. I really was wondering about it being to hot & humid here for bees I really need some . does your daughter in geneva have any? thats only 25 miles from here!

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 09:59:46 pm »
Not yet but we're hoping to get her started soon.  She is a pediatric intensive care nurse and he works as salesman/shop foreman at a large outdoor equipment dealership and owns and operates a 16 yard dump truck.  They have a great place for bees.  They own 35 acres out in the county in the middle of a 10,000 acre forestry area.

Offline THETOOLMAN

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 06:16:44 pm »
HAB
sounds like we might start up At the same time!

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »
Forgot you were concerned about the heat.  Here the heat is even worse.  We get about an average daily temp of about 2 degrees higher than yours.  The worst part is the humidity.  We catch all the humidity coming up from the Gulf but none of it's cooling effect.  Just put them where they get early am sun, mid day shade, afternoon partial shade.  Here the local Beeks like to put them under a Red Oak, it gives just the right shade, drops its leaves early in the fall, and doesn't shed to many limbs. :)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 09:37:23 pm »
Welcome, THE TOOLMAN, I'm in Atlanta and there are many, many beekeepers here keeping bees in urban bliss!

Good luck and welcome,

Linda T in Atlanta

anything