Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fuller's Teasel, the Bombus and me  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Fuller's Teasel, the Bombus and me
« on: October 30, 2007, 10:42:53 am »
I think one of the most majestic of plants that I grew this year was the Fuller's Teasel.  By the end of the summer, it must have topped 15 feet tall, with hundreds of beautiful thistle like flowers that the Bombus and Honeybees loved.  I saved all the flower heads and dried them, it is making a beautiful dried flower arrangement that sits on my frontroom coffee table.  Watch out for anyone that bumps it, they are in for a surprise  :evil:  it would hurt, and everyone stays away.

The Teasel also have beautiful leaves that surrounded the stalks of the plants, it formed a cup that caught the rain water and made for some very interesting pictures.  I posted a picture of the water cups before, but they are worthy of another glimpse for those that may have missed the post.  Enjoy the pictures.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, on our Great Planet, Earth.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Fuller's Teasel, the Bombus and me
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 11:39:44 am »
Aren't they gorgeous plants?  I love them.  Next year I'll have a big enough space for them.

Now remember, gather that water and wash your face with it, your man will be enchanted!  :)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Re: Fuller's Teasel, the Bombus and me
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 06:57:33 pm »
I have been inspired with your clean and fairy photos, and I was working hard in my orchad. I could not find the onions, because the weed. Now, it is not an example but perhaps I will harvest something.