Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Small Donation Requested from Professional Services Using Map  (Read 15112 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hello Members.

As much as I think this map will grow into a great resource for people to find bee/swarm removers in their area quickly - I think I need to ask a favor of any professional apiary who does this sort of thing as part of their services.

Our site is commercial free, yes even this International Mapping should be commecial free BUT that is difficult because of the topic it covers. I ask that if you are contributing to the content of this map and are not a regular content contributing member, that you help the forum is fund raising efforts with a small but helpful contribution.

I've always liked museums who ask for a "Suggested" donation fee for entry - If you are using our map to drum up additional customers to a professional business, then I'd kindly suggest a $10 to $20 contribution to go toward the forum fund - used to purchase software, services, domain names, etc., to keep this commercial free site going into the future.

Please understand - this mapping is the EXCEPTION to the commercial aspect of the forum, not the rule. Until this map, commercial activitities have been stunted because of the backyard beekeping aspect of the site - I'd be happy to see professional apiologists, bee farms and the like to interact with the members rather than just post a bubble here to your business. But whether you are contributing content in posts or getting benefit from the worlds No.1 rated Beekeeping Forum's Swrm Removal Page, I hope you see a gift to help the site ontinue will be a positive thing for everyone.

Here is the link ANYONE can use to contribute funds to Beemaster's International Beekeeping Forum

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=paypal

Of course any member can help our cause using the same address, but I'm asking bigger companies who have found their way here to do the right thing and help this site who has very limited income to work with.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:00:50 pm by Robo »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
Re: Small Donation Requested from Professional Services Using Map
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »
I Agree and sent a small donation, but wasn't able to add my fourm name. Either I missed something or PayPal has changed things?
Just thought I'd mention that.
Thanks,
Gary "GD" Rankin
Life is but a candle, a dream must give it flame.

* TheBeePlace.com * Honey * Bees * Hives * Supplies * Services *
* Facebook/The Bee Place * Like Us On Facebook

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 03:38:45 pm »
Not sure what id going on Gary. Nothing in the Paypal account since July 22 and from someone else who I'll be thanking in General Forum. Looking, this post is 7 years old, high-time to rewrite the page. I'm still hoping for an affordable way to accept secure credit payments, that opens the door to all who wish to donate but don't do the Paypal thing.

I don't handle the webring or swarm mapping and I see that the donations page needs some serious updating and that I'll rewrite. We actually have a much higher cost of operations than we had back when that was written, and donations don't exactly fly in - soon it will be out of pocket and I understand it is tough out there, and I totally thank EVERYONE who has donated, many members several times and they all know who they are and I'm incredibly grateful.

I tested the paypal page and had no problems - I'm not sure what your problem may be, whether a username or password issue or what. Good luck and hope it works out - and thanks for your attempt, obviously I wish you success.

Beemaster

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »
Interesting . . .

Not sure what id going on Gary. Nothing in the Paypal account since July 22

My PayPal account shows:
 Payment To john@beemaster.com

Status    Unclaimed

PayPal recently updated many things on their site, this may or not be one of the things and/or the issue here??? You may need to log in to your account and "accept" the payment?
Just guessing.
Again, it wasn't much, but I know every little bit helps and I appreciate what you guys do, so I wanted to contribute something at least.

Please let me know if you don't get the funds and I'll cancel and try again,
Thanks,
GD
PS. It may show it's from South Six Signs, LLC

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:48:06 pm »
I see the problem then, but don't understand how the old donate address showed up for you - the payment at paypal is set for beemaster@comcast.net - the john@beemaster.com is very old and should not appear anywhere. I just sent a payment to the beemaster@comcast.net and it work correctly.

I have Paypal set to notify me by a iPhone push message when payments are received, it works flawlessly and I checked records and is was back in July that the last donation was received.

I believe it has been at least 5 years since that email address was changed, if there is a link on the website here you clicked on, please point it out so we can fix it. I apologize for the errors - we did recently move servers and maybe an old page got uploaded somewhere, but I'm only guessing. I clicked the link you posted mind you and it took me to the correct Paypal account.

There is no John@beemaster.com account - it is the same account which I had changed the account mailing to the beemaster@comcast.net address. So no funds should be going anywhere and as you said, you received UNCLAIMED - so no payment went anywhere.

Thanks and please if there is an erroneous page, please post it.

John

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »
Interesting for sure. I used to co-own and admin a rather large outdoors hunting & fishing website many moons ago and remember having to chase down a few more bugs than I cared to count when we changed servers a time or two. Of course we were silly enough back then to be running MicroSludge Server, so I guess we deserved to have issues. lol

Here is the link ANYONE can use to contribute funds to Beemaster's International Beekeeping Forum

The bug on yours, on the other hand, is a bit of a puzzle. The issue may be with the PayPal settings and/or maybe the page is linked to an old PayPal account with the john@ e/m address? Because that's what I'm remember seeing at the top of the PayPal screen.
If I remember correctly, the path started with this thread and the link posted here, which of course takes you to the Donations page (http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=paypal)
Then I clicked the PayPal button at the top, which took me to the PayPal log in screen with the form allowing me to fill in the amount, so I did and added my password and that was that. This is the page with "john@beemaster.com" at the top left. (see attached)

That's when I added the reply to your original message. (in case you need the date/time stamp for any reason)

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help and / or if you get it worked out.
Thanks again for all you guys do and provide. I know from personal experience how much time and effort (not to mention $) is involved in this type of system, which surely makes me appreciate things even more.
I'm learned a great deal from the kind folks that frequent this site and that alone is worth more than I can afford to donate! So I wanted to at least send a little more than a "Thank You" note.

Have a great day,
GD

PS. I just sent a test $1 donation and it took me through the same basic series of screens / path as it did before.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:05:26 am »
Interesting for sure. I used to co-own and admin a rather large outdoors hunting & fishing website many moons ago and remember having to chase down a few more bugs than I cared to count when we changed servers a time or two. Of course we were silly enough back then to be running MicroSludge Server, so I guess we deserved to have issues. lol

The bug on yours, on the other hand, is a bit of a puzzle. The issue may be with the PayPal settings and/or maybe the page is linked to an old PayPal account with the john@ e/m address? Because that's what I'm remember seeing at the top of the PayPal screen.
If I remember correctly, the path started with this thread and the link posted here, which of course takes you to the Donations page (http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=paypal)
Then I clicked the PayPal button at the top, which took me to the PayPal log in screen with the form allowing me to fill in the amount, so I did and added my password and that was that. This is the page with "john@beemaster.com" at the top left. (see attached)

That's when I added the reply to your original message. (in case you need the date/time stamp for any reason)

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help and / or if you get it worked out.
Thanks again for all you guys do and provide. I know from personal experience how much time and effort (not to mention $) is involved in this type of system, which surely makes me appreciate things even more.
I'm learned a great deal from the kind folks that frequent this site and that alone is worth more than I can afford to donate! So I wanted to at least send a little more than a "Thank You" note.

Have a great day,
GD

PS. I just sent a test $1 donation and it took me through the same basic series of screens / path as it did before.

John this is the exact some screen that shows up for me.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:49:00 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 07:25:50 pm »
I just tried to make a donation and got the same thing.
It said can't make donation at this time go back to Vendor.
Pay Pal is working for I paid other things with it today.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:37:08 pm »
Capt,
I just send a donation directly from my bank. I fought with PayPal several times for this site a couple of years ago and gave up. Direct from the bank is simple and quick.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »
hmmmm .... we'll maybe I should cancel the pending "unclaimed" payment and use the beemaster@comcast.net address to send the donation direct via PayPal?
I'll wait to hear back though, just in case you want to double check settings or whatever?

One thing came out of this little web bug, it woke up the donation thread :-D

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »
Yep, just checked again and nothing new in Paypal account. I'll sit down and find out what has either changed on the page in the forum or the Paypal page - but something is up and I'll get it fixed.

I can only say sorry to anyone sending contributions and they are not completing. I'll have time tomorrow (Saturday) to figure this out - It has NOT been an issue until lately and yes, glad you mentioned it.

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »
Okay, good deal. It's not a problem on my end. Just caused a slight delay in getting the funds to you guys.

From what I can tell, the page is still linked to the older "john@beemaster.com" PayPal account.

Hope that helps. Good luck and have a great weekend!
GD

anything