Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: To inspect, or not to inspect?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
To inspect, or not to inspect?
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:24:03 pm »
We have had unseasonably warm weather, this of course after a "cold snap" followed by rain...Yesterday 65. today 62...bees are really flying...so many bees.  I am worried, should I inspect to check stores?

We do have plants blooming, bottle brush, manzanita and some other stuff...

What would you do??  I hate to tamper with them at this time, but...hhhhmmmm????

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: To inspect, or not to inspect?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:30:33 pm »
We have had unseasonably warm weather, this of course after a "cold snap" followed by rain...Yesterday 65. today 62...bees are really flying...so many bees.  I am worried, should I inspect to check stores?

We do have plants blooming, bottle brush, manzanita and some other stuff...

What would you do??  I hate to tamper with them at this time, but...hhhhmmmm????

With temps like that it should be safe to take a quick peek to assess stores and feed if deemed lacking.  Or you can let them forage on what's out there as bees will do anytime they can get out of the hive regardless of the time of year.  Question to answer is whether it well let you sleep better if you know the condition your bees are in, or if you find a problem will it cause more worry?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything