Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chickens and the new straw  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Chickens and the new straw
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:15 am »
Gave the chickens and ducks some new straw to lay in in the "new" chickenhouse.  Boy do they love that, the younger hens all came in and checked it out.  Now at night, all the ducks and some of the chickens all lay in the straw, they are happy.  Enjoy this wonderful day we live.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Chickens and the new straw
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:47:18 pm »
Those chickens are impressive, think they'd fit into a roasting bag nicely. ;)

.....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:29:53 am »
JP, uh uh, not these in the oven, these are definitely not a meat bird.  Now when we get the Australorps big enough to put in the roasting bag, then you got a great sized bird, hee, hee, they are pretty big meat birds, and excellent for laying too.  That is what I really would like to have lots of, not replacing any smaller brown chickens as they age, the chickenyard is changing. 

We had duck for dinner, by the way, (two of them) when my Daughter and her Husband were down over this past weekend.  They left today (whew!!!).  I sure do wish that I could remember that little diddy my Brother wrote to me one time about the saying about children coming to visit and how nice it was to see them, particularly when they saw the tail lights of their car as they drove away home, some kind of rhyme.  Yep, so nice to see them come, so nice to see them go.  I get worn right out, she keeps me "on" the entire time she is here, oh my gracious, gracious, did I say that? Hee, hee.  She feels the same when we go home after being at her house for a few days, I believe that and am sure that as she is saying and kissing us goodbye "goodbye Mother, it has been so wonderful you and Dad staying here" (in her mind, "now get the blazes out and go home, you have burned me right out, now I need to go and sleep for two days").  Hee, hee, eeeksss!!!!  How in the blazes do I get off topic like I do?  Oh brother......Have a wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 01:49:02 am »
I think you all have inspired me to raise chickens again.  We had some gorgeous Silver Sebright Bantams, as well as some Blue Polish...very nice birds.

Going to puruse the net to see what breed it'll be this time!

anything