Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My robber screen  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My robber screen
« on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:53 am »
My husband looked at Michael Bush's site about how to make a robber screen.  I had made a nuc and I wanted to ensure that it was protected fully.  So away he went to the drawing board, and after an attempt to make one (was too tall, so he had to redo it), he came up with this.  I am grateful I have a guy that will build stuff for me and my bees.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Re: My robber screen
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:36:37 pm »
I use a reducer with about a one inch opening. If I have an uper entrance I just plug it with screen wire.
Haven't had a robbing frenzy this year, "yet".
doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: My robber screen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:28:45 am »
Doak, right I forgot to elaborate a little bit. I only used this type of entrance reducer for about a week.  I was just really worried about the nuc being too small to defend properly, mostly nurse bees in there.  I now have in place the one inch wooden reducer, like is so popular.  I don't get robbing until late in summer around here, and then that is so minimal I don't even have to worry about it.  The nectar flow goes on at my place all summer long, right until frost kill because of all the perennials and annuals that produce, self-seed and keep on producing until death of the plants.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life, today the sun is shinin'.  Yeah!!!!  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything