Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "The Truth"  (Read 4412 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: "The Truth"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:23 pm »
Bring on the photos John!!!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:33:18 pm »
Not as hard as shirtless removals........   :-*   :evil:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:45:00 pm »
Mamma Mia!!! Ouch that hurts.

Looking good Idee (is that you)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 11:46:23 pm »
No pics this year Annette!...This year i have two hives that are HOT!!!!...I did start with a T-shirt and long pants( to harvest honey)...I ended up with my veil AND jacket!..Oh my gosh!!!Those Lil boogers ate me up!!!..I still dont where gloves, but if The bees are the same next year, I'm gonna be wearing gloves too!!. I must have gotten stung pover 100 times! My hands were the worst tho...By the time we were done getting honey, My hands wouldnt even bend!..And, It was HEAVENLY just to wash the sticky of my hands  under the water hose!!
Oh, wait a minute!! I did get some pics!...They werent as silly as last years tho..Just "Runna the mill" type pics...here you go! you friend,
john
http://picasaweb.google.com/Johnnybigfish/20091101?feat=directlink

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:48:58 pm »
Ah, John, you still crack me up!!  Nice pictures, by the way, smiling.  have a great and most beautiful day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:49:57 pm »
Looks like you had lots of help extracting honey with the whole family involved.  I usually end up doing everything myself (whine, whine)

Take care
Annette

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 11:53:32 pm »
Yes, that's me, Annette.

Nice pics, John. I wish I could remember my camera more often.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 12:00:01 am »

[img width= height=]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_btJlzM8u72Q/SvOTFHLsE0I/AAAAAAAAGxk/ptuyIg4VZLk/s400/File0001.jpg[/img]

your friend,
john

I work ours shirt less and t less,Get stung once in a while.It's good for arthritis though. After you get stung so much,it don't even hardly hurt.I wear goggles. IWe out breed our hot mean hives
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 12:06:37 am »
Thats funny!!! My family helping out????? Harrrggghhhhh!!!
 The 2 helpers were Francine and Tina...Francine works with Janelle and Tina is Francines best friend! Francine just got a hive this year from me and Tina is gonna start next spring! ( Unless they got scared by my bees!)
 Janelle was up on the deck taking the pics from there...She KNOWS I have 2 hot hives this year and didnt want any part of them!
 Paul didnt help this year...he's afraid of bees now.
 Next year Im gonna get a bucket with a valve on the bottom for filling honey into bottles, and, also, I think I'll get one of those screen patios to keep the bees out of all the honey and stuff. This year, I was really bummed from how many bees died this time...(getting stuck in honey)...On a good note, i got about 100 lbs of honey.....And, I couldnt have done it without the help of Francine and Tina!..Without them, it would have taken me a couple days to get it all!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 12:19:25 am »
Hey, John, why is Paul afraid of bees now?  Did you get them to do something to him?  I bet you did, you are such a teaser, did ya sick them on him?  hee, hee, beautiful days, to love and live, with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 12:25:11 am »
John, sounds like some requeening may be in order, that is if you wanna go shirtless again. :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:42:18 am »
I believe theres a big guy down south that works his bees just about nekkid!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 08:51:40 am »
I believe theres a big guy down south that works his bees just about nekkid!

A Tribute To Genius Garth and... he
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline PeeVee

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 07:50:41 pm »
Robo

Thanks!!! I needed the uplift and now I can't stop smilin'. :-)
-Paul VanSlyke - Cheers from Deposit,NY

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 10:33:35 pm »
Hey JP!
I'm hoping Francine gets interested in queen stuff! That way, she can practice on my hives!
I dont think requeening could be quite as hard as actually finding the old queen for me! As a matter of fact, "Combining hives" is where I put the one hive on top of the other with newspaper....then hope for one of the queens to make it!...So far, so good!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 11:49:56 pm »
Rob, hee, hee, think I may have seen something like that video before, but if you don't think looking at the ol' video didn't bring a smile to my face, well then....what a hoot and a hollar!!!  Beautiful days, to love, live, with great health.  Cindi