Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Brushy Mt. Free Shipping from Dec 1 to Dec 19 use code "SANTA ABJ"  (Read 20024 times)

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
Re: Brushy Mt. Free Shipping from Dec 1 to Dec 19 use code "SANTA ABJ"
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »
Good to see so many people able to take advantage of this great deal. Our four boxes will be here soon. :-D
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 10:24:15 pm »
I wish that I  live east of the Mississippi River
Johnny

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 07:37:03 pm »
Oh my gosh! I have 12 huge boxes of stuff from Brushy and I don't even know what to do with it all.
Thats the only problem with buying it this time of year, you can't use it and stick it outside for months.
When the ups guy left he said, keep ordering. He had brought stuff the other day too.
I yelled at him today though and told him he knows he is only suppose to bring all these packages when my husband isn't home to see them.

I am wondering if anyone else here has had any problems with the woodenware they get from them.
I have had several supers come with chunks of wood missing out of the top of the supers where its rabbited, and also big scrapes on the tops of the supers, the wood is splintered in spots.
I will have to do some extra heavy duty sanding on those ones to get everything smooth.
I talked to someone in customer service because this is the second time this has happened to me, a couple of dings you expect but this is beyond that and not what they should even send out to people.
I was really nice about it and they said someone would call me back so I'll see what they say about it.

It rained all day here so I figured I would do something productive and start painting some of my stuff.
I got a complete hive done, all the components and 7 extra supers.
That was a good chunk of stuff that needs to be painted so I am happy with that.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 08:41:42 pm »
I am wondering if anyone else here has had any problems with the woodenware they get from them.
I have had several supers come with chunks of wood missing out of the top of the supers where its rabbited, and also big scrapes on the tops of the supers, the wood is splintered in spots.

What grade did you order? It sounds of it they sent you budget (factory 2nds).  There are essentially 3 grades of boxes, The highest grade goes my different names depending on the supplier, the middle grade is usually called commercial, and the rejects are called budget.  The prices for the wood quality are reflected by the prices. If you didn't specify a qualifty or price range (same thing) the default is almost always commercial.  If you ordered commercial and got budget you have a legitamate complaint.  Check you invoice.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2008, 09:18:14 pm »
We've ordered 70 something medium supers from them and have only had 1 or 2 that were beyond rough. A small portion of them had knots but all were usable and fine on the inside. I'm sure Brushy Mt. will make thing right with you Natalie. You might have to take a few pictures to show them the irregularities that are concerning you. Let us know how things turn out.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2008, 10:17:20 pm »

What grade did you order? It sounds of it they sent you budget (factory 2nds).  There are essentially 3 grades of boxes, The highest grade goes my different names depending on the supplier, the middle grade is usually called commercial, and the rejects are called budget.  The prices for the wood quality are reflected by the prices. If you didn't specify a qualifty or price range (same thing) the default is almost always commercial.  If you ordered commercial and got budget you have a legitamate complaint.  Check you invoice.

I ordered the cypress. The did have 3 others in different grades of pine like you said on their website. I went with the cypress though.
I almost think there is some kind of dysfunction in the equipment they are using to mill the wood or the person operating it.
Its like the end pieces that are nailed into eachother at the corners are shredded.
I am not saying all of them came like this, in the last two weeks it has been like 6 or out of 14.
I don't mind sanding out imperfections in the wood, but some of these end pieces would have to be sanded pretty deep to get rid of the splintering wood and then would leave a decent size gap in between that one and the super above it.
I would have to sand those pieces down too or when I scrape wax or whatever off the edges those splinters of wood would scrape right up with it.
I know the woodenware will get beat on and worn over the years, I just don't want to have to start right out like that from the beginning.
The other equipment was fine and I let them know that I just wanted them to be aware that this is the second time its happend.I think they are good people to work with and I didn't want to be critical about it so I just explained it and asked if there was a mechanical issue or just my dumb luck lately.
I thought cypress was suppose to be a decent wood, but maybe I will switch over to another kind next time I order. Not sure. I guess I will see what they say.
I think you are right Greg, they seem decent. I really don't expect anything from them, I wanted to let them know since I have an upcoming order and I don't want anymore unreasonably dinged up supers.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2008, 09:08:37 am »

I ordered the cypress. The did have 3 others in different grades of pine like you said on their website. I went with the cypress though.
I almost think there is some kind of dysfunction in the equipment they are using to mill the wood or the person operating it.
Its like the end pieces that are nailed into eachother at the corners are shredded.
I am not saying all of them came like this, in the last two weeks it has been like 6 or out of 14.
I don't mind sanding out imperfections in the wood, but some of these end pieces would have to be sanded pretty deep to get rid of the splintering wood and then would leave a decent size gap in between that one and the super above it.
I would have to sand those pieces down too or when I scrape wax or whatever off the edges those splinters of wood would scrape right up with it.
I know the woodenware will get beat on and worn over the years, I just don't want to have to start right out like that from the beginning.
The other equipment was fine and I let them know that I just wanted them to be aware that this is the second time its happend.I think they are good people to work with and I didn't want to be critical about it so I just explained it and asked if there was a mechanical issue or just my dumb luck lately.
I thought cypress was suppose to be a decent wood, but maybe I will switch over to another kind next time I order. Not sure. I guess I will see what they say.
I think you are right Greg, they seem decent. I really don't expect anything from them, I wanted to let them know since I have an upcoming order and I don't want anymore unreasonably dinged up supers.

I doubt it is the type of wood you can pretty much make any wood look good.
I use cypress  from Rossman and do not have issues w/ quality. I didn't realize Brushy even offered cypress

Keith

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 04:14:32 pm »
Well my packages arrived today and here is what i got:

The total cost was around $250 and shipping was $50 so the total after taking shpping off is about $200.
The bottom box has 364 Plastic jars and the top has 364 lids, a fumepad, bee-go, 9 frame spacer tool, 1lb. hive staples, 600 micron filter and a 200 micron filter.

What a great savings and i hope that they can be able to keep on doing this for years to come.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 05:38:41 pm »
Did you all get your postcard from Brushy Mountain yet? They sent out a postcard with a coupon code of FHT to redeem a free hive tool with your next order.
Its good for the entire 2009 calendar year.
Always good to have an extra.

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 08:07:38 pm »
I didnt get one but this is my first order from them.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 08:28:02 pm »
You probably will, but it doesn't matter you don't need the actual postcard, just the FHT code. 
I am sure they will end up posting it somewhere else again anyway and its probably just like the shipping promo, anyone that spends money there gets a free tool.
I can tell you this promo has go to be alot cheaper for them than the shipping promo, they must have spent thousands on that one.
Its a good way for them to get people to their site though and increase their customer base since I bet alot of people who have just tried their company for the first time for the shipping promo will go back again.
FHT code= free hive tool throughout 2009.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2008, 11:09:59 am »

Its a good way for them to get people to their site though and increase their customer base since I bet alot of people who have just tried their company for the first time for the shipping promo will go back again.
FHT code= free hive tool throughout 2009.
We've gone back every year since we found out about their offer.  Brushy Mt. also gives free shipping to our bee school students and every year I give a short talk explaining the importance of buying everything you need up front and saving money when you can in beekeeping. The shipping cost can be a killer if you buy your equipment over many different orders.