Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Here is the video of my bees and my wife going crazy  (Read 5824 times)

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: Here is the video of my bees and my wife going crazy
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 06:10:23 pm »
I see the wife likes bees  :-D 

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »
Very entertaining, I was really hoping your better half would get stung though, she was driving me nuts! You are a very patient man Norm, all I got to say on that subject. Actually, she sounds kinda cute Norm, she just needs a little bee training. ;)

Try this next time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4a-Tw-qFI  It won't take as long.

Good job and tell your wife I was just kidding about her driving me nuts, sorta. :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:44 pm »
Jp, its called editing  :evil: call me nuts but I do love her so, and she is getting better I caught her standing about 5' from the hive just entranced with the bees.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:46:43 pm »
Did you have any live bees left after the drowning?  :shock:

I think your wife just got excited over that "chubby Checker twist" you were doing during the shake out.   :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 07:02:10 pm »
All right,fun to watch and very entertaining!

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:22:43 pm »

I think your wife just got excited over that "chubby Checker twist" you were doing during the shake out.   :-D

yeah maybe that was it, I was turning her on.  On serious note I tore my MCL in my right elbow so it was hard to do it any other way.

Offline rickomatic

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »
Excellent video Norm. And Kudos to the wife for putting up with it. It's very hard for people to face their phobias. She did great. I think you owe her a nice dinner out.  :-D

My wife has no problem with my bees. Her phobia is snakes. She even had her male classmates in high school tape paper over the snake pictures in her biology book for her. LOL.

Offline TimLa

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 08:15:08 pm »
Great video!

Buy her dinner - getting over a phobia is very difficult, and she did pretty well  - she stuck to it (except at the end) even when she was clearly concerned.  Hats off to her for trying!

Peeling the screen off with a pair of utility pliers is much faster, but you did well.

Love the bee stand!

-T
Some days you just want to line them all up and start asking questions.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 08:29:13 pm »
Yeh, NORM!!!!
 That was good stuff! Me and Janelle watched this and laffed so much because it was like when she goes to help me...Ive heard the part,"I gotta go get Brad", or,"Ive got something on the stove!"
 Janelle areddy loves your wife!!
 I was kinda wondering tho whether you planned on dumping your bees or making them swim to the hive box! THAT was a GAS! :-D
Oh yeh....you did really good I thought!...No suit...No veil...no gloves..Thats the way i do it now. But, when I did my first install I was covered with all my bee clothes top to bottom, and gloves!
Feels pretty good "Being the Man" doesnt it!!??..And, your wife was really cool hangin' in there with you to film the episode!!

Your friend,
john

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 08:37:48 pm »

Iddee... I was telling my wife the same thing about the spraying, I said it's no longer a package of bees, it's a candy bar. When I saw them just laying there, I was wondering how many would unstick themselves and I was wondering how the colony is doing Vermmy?? Surely they were stimulated to make wax!

Any busting aside, I enjoyed this, as did my wife - it isn't east seeing something that frightens you and then know there are thousands and thousands a few feet away like that.

JP: thanks for the youtube plug BTW - knowing what you do and how well you do it, it is an honor to see the reference to my video. I hope this week to move my bees from the old house to here, Spring pollen flow is now well over, they are doing great and it's time to see their new yard. I think I'll be doing add a version where I just utility knife the screen out in two "U" shapes (the trick of course is keeping them clustered until a single bang into the super empties the cage - just a different variation really, but one I'm dying to try out. Oh, and although NOT a "Viral Video" the one you linked is almost turning 60 thousand views - makes me wonder how many people have tried it? :)

VERMMY - good luck with your colony and keep us all posted as they develop.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 08:46:13 pm »
bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! laughed my butt off, she running from bee's and has a pet snake, buy a tripod to record from now own hahahahahahaha!!!!! she will get use to them!!! it was kinda like watching the "Blair witch project"  :-D  :evil:
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 09:03:23 pm »
The snake stays with a friend since I can't even watch them on TV or photos.  As for spraying them yes they were stimulated and the only ones that I lost where the ones that died on route :mrgreen:

Offline orvette1

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 11:49:40 pm »
My wife is allergic to bee stings, but will come out with me for swarm collection! She saw this and thought your wife was a real trooper!  Thank you for showing us this.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 12:17:27 am »
Kudos to your wife, she stuck in there being scared!  She will become entranced as she learns about them & realizes they are not out to get her.  I did like it when she was concerned about your being "bitten", & "HE" was cute! Does she know the males can't sting & get booted out before football season??  Now you need to go look at the snake! :evil:  Maybe even hold it??  What kind of snake does she have?  Is it pretty?  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 12:33:25 am »
I really enjoyed the video  :lol:

I do have to wonder though if your wife has a pet snake and if you are scared of it  :-D ha ha. Do tell the truth now.

Mick

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 12:35:17 am »
Kudos to your wife, she stuck in there being scared!  She will become entranced as she learns about them & realizes they are not out to get her.  I did like it when she was concerned about your being "bitten", & "HE" was cute! Does she know the males can't sting & get booted out before football season??  Now you need to go look at the snake! :evil:  Maybe even hold it??  What kind of snake does she have?  Is it pretty?  J

Its a ball python and its ugly and No way, No how am I going to hold it

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:21 am »
You have nothing to fear with ball pythons. They get their names from balling up when threatened. They are recommended beginner snakes. Just don't pick up any snake about to shed, they don't like that.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 01:23:43 am »
VM, they are beautiful snakes, specially after they shed & the skin is all bright, shiney & new!Very soft & smooth then also! :-D J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Tucker1

• House Bee
  • "The Morning Breaks, The Shadows Flee.....
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 02:20:09 am »
Norm:  Your wife seems to be a good sport about all this. Most of her comments made ding the video.... had to do with protecting you. She was worried about your well-being. Like everyone else has suggested, you need to take her out for dinner. By the 4th of July, she being wearing a bee suit, inspecting frames with you.

Thanks for posting the video.

Regards,
Tucker
He who would gather honey must bear the sting of the bees.

anything