Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Three Amigos & Some Bees!  (Read 4410 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Three Amigos & Some Bees!
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:29:52 pm »
Well, I haven't posted any swarm pics or cut-out pics in a few days, not cause I didn't do any, but because I forgot my camera yesterday and this morning, I couldn't locate it, but later found it in my truck.

Yesterday, I did a cut-out of a two week old hive and caught a swarm in the evening, well two, if you count the one at my house!!! The cut-out was in Destrehan, Louisiana and the swarm I collected in a section of Metairie, called Old Metairie.

This morning I caught a swarm in Marrero, that was a little grumpy but calmed down after they were fed. Later on my friend Bailey, his wife Peggy and I set all three colonies up.

Peggy is a bee charmer, she likes the bees and the bees apparently like her just fine, as she wears absolutely no protection, ever!

I took some pics of the event, and btw, check out Bailey's official blue bee suit, courtesy of father n law, Russel. Russel, btw, Peggy's Dad, is my go to man when Bailey's at work and can't pick up any bees I've collected!

Anyway, it was great to go by and make a quick visit with them and we had fun setting up the colonies and checking boxes. It was good we did that cause we saw one that is superceding its queen, which is pictured.

Bailey and I have been busy with bees, but we have been talking about our next fishing trip, which I hope will be real soon!!! I think we both need a trip!

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/April82008

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Scott Derrick

• Expert Bee Handler
  • New Bee
  • Go Gamecocks!!
    • Honeybee Removal Expert Serving South Carolina, Charlotte NC and Augusta GA
Re: Three Amigos & Some Bees!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 11:40:12 pm »
I gots to get me some o dem yeller gloves. Think I'll go to Home Depot tomorrow. Love the photos JP! Thanks bro!
My Bee Removal Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/109455718186385256142
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rsderrick

"You're born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there's a loophole."
                                              Billy Graham

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 12:25:59 am »
yep, JP,
Go on the fishing trip...Along with beekeeping, Its a great way to Relax,...kickin' back....waiting for a bite..gettin' a tan....
Ohhh....Wait a minute!!!Thats how people fish who dont catch anything!!!,,,I forgot!!
 Fishing is more likened to,hmmmm...Sleepless nites of anticipation!!!!No moment of rest as you're wound so tite a person could play you as a base guitar...Waiting for a bite??....NOT!!!!...More like crankin' and crankin' till you smell grease burning offa your bearings...Dying of thirst as you cant let your rod down to get a drink!...Get a tan???Shoot....after a few weeks of this your tans will have burned down into your meat and then your skin feels like beef jerky!!!
 Lets not mention that HEADACHE!!!Oh,..."Apply Directly to the Forehead!"...Then you have the gill cuts...you dont notice them at first while your cleaning fish(Oh, gimmee a break..Who needs gloves???)..But by gosh you'll know the cuts are there the next day!
  Oh yeh,.....I LOVE Fishing!!
 Funny thing about people...They always tell me how lucky i am to be able and fish and how  relaxing fishing is....people are shouting "DONT GET IN THE BOAT WITH JOHN!!" I then tell them to get in the boat! We'll get out there with 40 mile an hour winds which fill the boat up with water.We'll bounce so hard you will swear your prostate is gonna bust loose any second! Your hemoroids will never want to go back to whence they came,(they wont fit back in!)
 And thru all this these people who take the chance to go with me are catching more fish than they ever have in their whole lives!
 The people freak when they look down at how deep the water is in the floor of the boat and see fish swimming back and forth around their feet.
 This is the fishing that helps one REALLY appreciate LIFE!
 And,....If that aint enough, we can go to the gulf!!

yep...Jp. you need to go fishing..Does a mans soul good!

your friend,
john

or,...you might just get a nice day :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 12:53:43 am »
Oh, John, you are still a hoot and a hollar, I get such a kick out of reading your posts, and yep, yep, you bring that sweet smile to my face.  Have the best of this greatest day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 02:07:05 am »
John, what can I say, I don't quite know how to respond to your post, dude, you just ain't right sometimes!!! Look, we don't go out with winds and seas like that, we've been there before and it ain't fun! As for as my hemoroids go, they ain't none of your business! So stop talkin' about them like they are just some everyday thing, that's private stuff there man! Do we really want to go there on this forum, heck, any public forum? lol. Look if you want, we can go in a private room in ventrillo and talk about hemoroids til we're blue in the face, blue in the butt!! Anyone else dare enter? Yo'ure all invited. How about this Friday night 5pm, be there or be square! And make sure ya show up with a good supply of Boudreaux's Butt Paste!!! See ya'll Friday at 5!!! :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:34:05 am »
JP, I've said this before and I'll say it again, you and John are just plain and simply brats, and you both are sick puppies!!!!   ;) :) :) :)  Hope you both get your hemeroids figured out!!!  And fishing ain't gonna help ya.  Have that simply wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Barbara

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:51:06 am »
Ohhhhh . . . it looks so nice and warm and green in those pictures!.  Our trees barely have that red and green tinge of color that you get before they start to bud, and we're lucky if the temps reach 60 degrees at the warmest part of the day.  I think I have a bad case of spring fever.  I can't wait to get our bees!

Barbara
Barbara

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:33:49 pm »
Jp,
 The winds are really only blowing 5 miles an hour :)....Ya oughta see it at 10!!!! LOL!!!!
  Friday at 5 eh?
 Can we bring our wives?? :-D

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:42 am »
Jp,
 The winds are really only blowing 5 miles an hour :)....Ya oughta see it at 10!!!! LOL!!!!
  Friday at 5 eh?
 Can we bring our wives?? :-D

your friend,
john

Of course!!! Wives get hemoroids too! :-D

...JP

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 02:42:40 am »
sure do after dem der kids we birth fer ya guys. lol

Angi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:11:43 am »
sure do after dem der kids we birth fer ya guys. lol

Angi

Yep, that's when I hear most women get 'em, during chidbirth. ;)

Yep, we can thank Johnny for this discussion! :-D Hey Honey, where'd ya put the Boudreaux's!!
Oooh, pass me some dat cream now sher!!!

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 12:32:47 am »
Yeh,....Dont forget the "Silver Bullits" as my dad calls them!
 Sorry JP....I couldnt make our date at 5:00 tonite..Me and Paul and Kanna went fishing...Got 61...We'll clean 'em tomorrow when we clean our limits we catch tomorrow... (todays fish are on ice right now)..Sometimes I just say,"Yo man, I dont feel like cleaning fish tonite.Lets save them till tomorrow" And we do!
ok,...gotta keep looking around in here till I go to bed.

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 12:41:14 am »
Early to bed, early to rise, fish all day and make up lies!!!

Johhny, wake up early, fish all day, clean just enough for dinner, fall asleep in the lazy chair with the ac blowing at ya, making ya dream you're a resident of Pluto, Oops, wasn't Pluto downgraded to a star?

I missed the date also, was workin' bees, I guess we stood each other up!!!  :-D :-* :-D

...JP