Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 303972 times)

Offline johnnie1uk

• New Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2014, 04:51:29 pm »
Its the username I used when I  first encountered the WWW around 20 years ago and ive stuck with it ever since. So the UK bit is just my place of Birth
"Give bees a chance" need I say more......

Offline K4AEE

• Brood
« Reply #701 on: May 15, 2014, 12:00:59 am »
Real simple for me...It is my Amateur Radio call sign.

Offline DavidD

• New Bee
« Reply #702 on: June 03, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »
It's just my name  :roll:

Offline fossileyes

• Brood
« Reply #703 on: June 07, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »
I hunt fossils on the beach and in the rivers (scuba), sharks teeth, whale inner ear bones, vertabre etc.

Just getting started with bees and found this site. Look forward to learning!

Thanks!!

Offline Thomassen

• New Bee
« Reply #704 on: June 08, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »
Mine is the way our last name was spelled in Norway before my grandfather came to the US. Thomassen became Thompson. I like Thomassen. :)

Offline QueenBee

• Brood
  • Laura-Lee
    • queenbeecanada.com
« Reply #705 on: July 01, 2014, 10:39:10 am »
Over the last 4 years I have spent a good 75% of my time dealing with various government employees and more accurately the ones who are our "experts" in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

I won't list all of the DUH? ARE YOU FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME? questions I have had to answer and will stick to the one in which my name came about.

I was told that the reason our application was being refused was the position required a Doctorate and in all of my advertisements and applications I had said that no education or experience necessary as we would be willing to train on the job.

This is what I found out that day:
1.  to treat bees one must have special hazardous training
2.  each and every bee was fed and treated one at a time
3.  queen rearing involves genetic splits
4.  the queen bee was the one that was created in a lab

Well, I did not know that.  I then said "Well you happen to be talking to the Queen Bee of all of Canada and you need to listen very carefully to what I have to say in order to hopefully educate you so that you may educate all those around you"

My application was finally approved.

I am in South West Manitoba and the name kinda stuck and it is now the name of my store and website.

Hi Everyone.

queenbeecanada

Offline Packrat3wires

• House Bee
« Reply #706 on: July 01, 2014, 09:30:34 pm »
I have always been a Packrat so my family / friends nicknamed me Packrat as a child.   I also have a last name of pronounced wires and I am the 3rd.    Hence Packrat3wires.
"evil prevails when good men fail to act"   Edmund Burke

Offline Paul Pelly

• New Bee
« Reply #707 on: July 03, 2014, 08:54:47 am »
My mom and dad picked it. lol

Offline hkeiner

• New Bee
« Reply #708 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:15 pm »
Basically I use my first initial and last name.  That way I don't have to remember different names for different forums.  Thanks for allowing me to be part of this forum.

Offline kwyjibo

• Brood
« Reply #709 on: July 17, 2014, 11:08:11 pm »
Mine is a word Bart made up during a season one episode of the Simpsons where the family is playing Scrabble. I use it on forums if no one has already taken it.

Offline RussianBlue

• Brood
« Reply #710 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51:07 pm »
I have two Russian Blues and they are one of my most favorite things in life. Sometimes I pick a username related to Clydesdales, because I have two of those as well.

Offline automile-BAN

• New Bee
  • Beekeeping supplies from SINOBEES in china
    • Sinobees beekeeping supplies
« Reply #711 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »
Dear Administrator,why my post can not be found?Is there anything wrong?waiting for your reply.
Beekeeping supplies from SINOBEES in china.
www.sinobees.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #712 on: August 06, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »
Not the admin, but I can tell you any post advertising a business will always be removed. NO ADVERTIZING on Beemaster AT ALL.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline automile-BAN

• New Bee
  • Beekeeping supplies from SINOBEES in china
    • Sinobees beekeeping supplies
« Reply #713 on: August 06, 2014, 11:00:47 pm »
ok,i got it
Beekeeping supplies from SINOBEES in china.
www.sinobees.com

Offline Bee-Haven

• New Bee
« Reply #714 on: August 11, 2014, 07:27:18 pm »
I noticed a few others with the same story as mine. Me and my wife were looking for a good name for our future honey labels and my name was one of them that I liked. Haven is an area close to where I live and I also like the idea of a Bee "Haven." So yeah I chose it as my user name.

MF.
Talking to people will often come with more stings than talking to bees.

Offline Snowhitsky

• New Bee
« Reply #715 on: August 12, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »
As a young army corporal on manoeuvers I was ordered to organize a patrol with my section of 8 men and place outposts around a defensive position. For a laugh, I gave myself the callsign Snowhite and the rest Dwarf1, Dwarf2 etc...Unfortunately, a high ranking officer popped into our headquarters for an inspection and listened in on the radio just as a number of dwarves and Snowhite started reporting back to HQ on the success of the patrol. He wasn't amused and shared his discontent with our Regimental Sergeant-Major who had a major sense of humour failure. It didn't get better as the information passed down the chain of command and I'm afraid to say the next few weeks were made rather uncomfortable for yours truly. One lasting consequence was that Snowhite became my nickname and during battlegroup training sessions where I controlled soviet forces it inevitably became Snowhitsky. As Snowhite is usually taken up by the time I join a forum, I've got into the habit of using my commie alias.

Offline GoldenDog

• New Bee
« Reply #716 on: August 29, 2014, 02:07:41 pm »
I have a beautiful Golden Retriever, and next to my wife, He's my best buddy! His name is Westen, and as soon as I figure out how add pictures to posts, I will let you see him!

GoldenDog
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #717 on: August 31, 2014, 09:00:07 am »
You will need to get your post counts up a bit first, but if you wish until that point you can start a thread and forward your photos to
photos@beemaster.com
noting your usename and thread you would like it attached to. It won't be instant but usually doesn't take too long.

quilaho

« Reply #718 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:54 pm »
I took the first 3 letters of my first name (qui), the first 2 letters of my middle name (la) and the first 2 letters of my last name (ho) and smashed them together!

qui la ho

And, it's never been taken by anyone but me.

However, this forum allowed me to put my real name in my profile. Do you guys even see quilaho anywhere on my posts?

Offline Waldo

• New Bee
« Reply #719 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »
This has been my nickname forever
[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:47:56 pm by Waldo »
Waldo