Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: CUTOUTS !!  (Read 2775 times)

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
CUTOUTS !!
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:54:54 pm »
I received a call for a cutout from an exterminator, returned his call to recommend somebody else because I'm not eqipped to handle such a job, but I do intend to get to that point, however, I have two important questions:

1. Do I need to insure myself and how to protect myself from sue happy homeowners ?
2. To charge or not to charge, that is the question ?

Not ready for cutouts  :oops:

BeeHopper

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: CUTOUTS !!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 06:38:43 pm »
to charge or not is the debate.  i don't because

1. i want to pick and choose those jobs that i take.  2.  i don't have the experience yet.  3.  ask KONASDAD, but i have always felt that there was an implied expectation of a professional job being done when money changed hands.  4.  since i live in the SR of Oregon, i am pretty sure there would be some legal requirements if i took money.

i don't do houses. 

you may tick someone off if you do it for free  :roll:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:15:20 pm »
I received a call for a cutout from an exterminator, returned his call to recommend somebody else because I'm not eqipped to handle such a job, but I do intend to get to that point, however, I have two important questions:

1. Do I need to insure myself and how to protect myself from sue happy homeowners ?
2. To charge or not to charge, that is the question ?

Not ready for cutouts  :oops:

BeeHopper

Rule #1 Have Fun.

If you can't have fun doing this, don't do it. You cannot sit there are all worked up on the details.

If you don't charge you can distance yourself from the liability issue. If you want to write up a release and have the homeowner sign it. Nice simple and to the point.

If you are really not ready pass it to someone who is and go with them and help them do it. Hand them tools when they need them. Ask lots of annoying questions.
But have fun.

I do not charge because I am not a professional bee remover. However with the price of gas these days I may have to start charging for the gas.

I do understand professionals who do charge it's how they put food on the table.

But there is enough to go around.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:09:58 pm »
kathyp & Understudy,

Thank you for the pointers, you gave me some things to think about. :)