Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why is this Forum always EMPTY?  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
Why is this Forum always EMPTY?
« on: October 08, 2005, 11:09:08 am »
Since I joined this web fourm there's only been one new topic posted, and that was by me.  Do we teenages seriously have nothing worth talking about?  The beemaster set aside this forum for us and there are less than a dozen posts on it!

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:59:08 am »
I'm not a teen nor do I play one on tv, however Apis629, I am the father of one and three more to go.  My son has zero interest and one of his friends that does show an interest says he just gets online and reads.  He said it's like when he listens to me and others my age and older when we discuss various topics.  He also said that he learned to listen from me when he saw me hush and listen to depression era and earlier folks as they talked about how they lived.  

He says he just doesn't believe he has anything to contribute (I said that never stopped me) and until he gets started with his own hives he's not sure of what to ask.  But he gets a kick out of the info and the roller coaster rides on some of the discussions on different sites.

Is this the only site you visit?  I found others by searching under beekeeping forums or honeybee forums or organic beekeeping...ect.

My other three are currently not interested yet (8, 10 and 11) in a forum.  But in a few years you can bet they'll be here and they have a better gift of gab than mom or dad.

What I'm trying to say is, don't lose heart.  Mine will not only talk bees but other things...under our direct supervision of course (and I do mean CLOSE SUPERVISION).  Take care and hang in there kiddo!!!

David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:24:40 pm »
I have to confess, I havn't been able to get on as often as I would like, but if you can think of something to talk about, I'm happy to talk about it!!! We have 5 or 6 teens on the forum, so we should be able to have a decent conversation. :wink:
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 01:47:39 am »
Same goes for me too. :wink:
Ryan Horn

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 03:05:40 pm »
I thought that out of over 800 members there would be more than 5 or 6 teens...

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 09:00:52 pm »
nope, just us :)
Ryan Horn

Offline Bruce Hanson

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 11:36:34 am »
So Ryan how was your first year year in beekeeping.Did you make a crop of honey ,are you still planning to increase your bees next year? I'm still extracting here in South Dakota and getting my bees ready to be shipped to Calif.for the winter,will ship out 6 semi loads the first week in Nov.,so lots of bee moving this week.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 05:55:29 pm »
Yeah I plan to add at least 10 if not 20 next year and we harvested 10 quarts and 12 pints this year off of 2 hives. Good luck with the trucking! :D
Ryan Horn

anything