Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Do you have your CDL yet? Better hurry and get one.  (Read 2985 times)

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
Do you have your CDL yet? Better hurry and get one.
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:46 am »
Thanks to the current administration in Washington before long you may have to pass a test and buy a CDL drivers license to operate a farm tractor a swinger fork lift or other type of farm equipment, even if you operate it off road, and only on your own land. At the least this will impact almost all commercial bee operations, most sideliners and some hobbyist.  Can weed eaters, bee blowers, and smokers bee far behind?  

http://www.dairyherd.com/dairy-news/Do-you-need-a-CDL-to-drive-a-tractor-123857449.html

Since I can't post links please highlight, copy and paste the above address in your browser to find the proposal.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Do you have your CDL yet? Better hurry and get one.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:49:57 am »
I assume weed eaters are already being regulated by the latest CARB emissions requirements, same with bee blowers.  I suppose you could better control the A/F ratios in a smoker to minimize CO.  Maybe we need smokers with a little micro controlled fan to puff air in and an O2 sensor for feedback?

I have a 92 year old neighbor who drives some old manual tractor in my towns parade down main street every year.  He’s a nice old man, but STILL, it is wise for a 92 year old guy to be driving the farm version of a tank down main street just feet from kids?  Between the old guy and the old tractor and the manual tranny, your odds of something breaking goes way up.

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
Re: Do you have your CDL yet? Better hurry and get one.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:25 am »
... Between the old guy and the old tractor and the manual tranny,

your odds of something breaking goes way up.

:-D  I hope you don't think that you must start a farm tractor off in first gear and shift through the gears to get up to speed!!!   :-D