Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: We must be mad!!!! Newbees in Ontario.  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Fiona01406

• Brood
We must be mad!!!! Newbees in Ontario.
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:24:02 pm »
What are we doing????   We are getting two hives...........Paul, my husband, has been busy making an electrified bear proof (maybe!) enclosure and now he is driving me nuts hammering the new hives together!

Fiona & Paul
Little Britain - Ontario

Offline bull

• House Bee
Re: We must be mad!!!! Newbees in Ontario.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 02:56:46 am »
Hay its all just fun, i guaranty Ive done crazier stuff

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:35:15 am »
This is only the begining, you ain't seen nuthin yet!! :-D :-D

When the bee bug bites somebody it gets crazy, just jump in and hang on.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:31 am »
pretty soon you'll be posting your swarm catch stories.  you won't be able to go on holiday in May because it's swarm season. you won't be able to go in July because you are pulling honey.  :-)
you'll move all the lawn furniture out by the hives so you can watch the bees come and go, and you'll buy a new camera with super-duper macro so that you can take really close up  pictures of them when they land on your arm.

welcome to beekeeping and this site.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bull

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:50 pm »
Yep, thats it in a nut shell. I set out there and watch and think and talk to the girls.
No one wants to come and bother you when your in the sting zone.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 11:20:12 am »
Fiona and Paul, welcome to our forum, beautiful that you found us.  Have those wonderful and great days, with health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 02:05:16 pm »
Welcome, and my condolences!  You will now be forced to sell everything you own to fuel your need for bees.  I speak from experience.  It is the only peace I find, mainly because, as mentioned earlier, no one wants to bother you while your around your hives.  We have lawn furniture dedicated solely to bee-watching, and yes the neighbors, family, and friends think we are nuts.  (But then again, aren't we all nuts in our own little ways?)  Soon you will be driving around, searching out others' beehives.  (I can spot a hive at 100 yards while driving at highway speeds.)  Enjoy  your new endeavor and may it add many happy years to your lives!

Offline ONTARIO BEEKEEPER

• House Bee
    • Dancing Bee Apiaries
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 01:28:26 am »

If Port Britain is where I think it is,  I am only about 1/2 hour drive from you.  I sell nucs and have a beekeeping supply store at www.dancingbeehoney.com
 Anyhow, good luck with your beekeeping.  You will find it gives you relief from worldly stress.

Todd

Offline Ema

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 01:25:30 pm »
HI, I am in Ontario too, if you are mad, well so are the rest of us. I am really looking forward to proceeding with this I still don't have anything at all but in due time I should have everything I need :-)

Ema
"A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor".

anything