Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gateway timeout  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Gateway timeout
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:59:40 am »
Hmmm....still having issues with the "gateway timeout".  It is something that I have learned to live with in the forum, it does't affect me, just annoys me.  I can post pictures because the block popups was turned off on my old laptop, guess my popup blocker viewed Imageshack as a popup blocker.  Weird eh?

My husband bought me a new laptop with Vista.  I thought surely that the gateway timeout issue would be resolved.  Nope, the first time I went on the forum and replied to a post, the error message came up below the Imageshack, "an error has occurred, Gateway Timeout".  So, I am off one day to delve, deeper and deeper and deeper  :)  We'll figure it out one time or another, could the the ISP like was talked about before.  Have a wonderful day, great life, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Gateway timeout
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 11:58:17 am »
Cindi,
If your laptop has built in wireless you should find a wireless hot spot at a coffee shop or library and see if your issue goes away.If so ,It's most likely a problem with your isp

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Gateway timeout
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:30:58 am »
Ken, I think that you are absolutely correct, and I am going to do this task, when I don't know, but on my agenda.  The timeout doesn't really affect me, it is just annoying, I can still post OK, just a minor irritance that I have learned to live with (oh brother, things we put with in life, procrastination is a big issue with me, I should have gone to the library months ago, but then......)  I haven't tried to post any pictures yet with the new laptop, I hope that I don't get the problems with that I had too.  The gateway timeout and posting picture issues both happened simultaneously.  If it is the ISP I have no idea why it suddenly messed up, because prior to that I had zero issues with timeout and posting pics.  We'll see.  I am still getting used to the new laptop and haven't got my folders with pictures in it handy yet to download to the forum.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life and best of health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service