Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dream  (Read 5314 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Dream
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:56:27 am »
What is melatonin it sound's fun I like to dream  :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Dream
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:51:48 pm »
Hey Irwin:

Melatonin is already in your body, it's a hormone that aids in inducing sleep and keeping our bodies in a regular sleep cycle even for us shift workers. It can be taken as a suppliment and for what it is worth the neurologist I'm seeing is a big fan of it!

If you sleep sounder, you reach and maintain REM Sleep easier and longer, which induces dreaming - sadly, anything I have read doesn't state it helps you recall dreams any better with the taking of melatonin suppliments. So, I'm like you, I love to dream and try to recall as many as possible, even lucid dream - that time when you are nearly awake yet still sleeping and you can direct your dreams to some degree - neat when your dreams come out the way you'd like, remembering them is much easier when you have imput.

I can lucid dream until someone or some situation causes me to have to make a calculated decision, like deciding on multiple choices at an intersection, or doing some kind of reading or math problem - then I wake up almost every time.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:57:56 pm »
 Hey irwin!
 I tried it about 25 years ago to sleep better but it didnt work well for me. Then again, I havent slept well since I was in my 20's. Now I take Ambien and it does work! I was even on a CPAP machine( blows air into your nose so you dont snore) but I still woke up because it tickled my eyebrows and nose hairs and mustache, which caused me to wake up and fidgit with it.
 One thing I know about dreams though...The more often you wake up, the more dreams you'll have!
 Maybe we should start a thread on "DREAMS"...I have some UNBELIEVABLE dreams!...LOts of "Post Nuclear" dreams too! I used to dream of flying, but not so much anymore..Ok...I better quit before I go into a Dream Dialogue!

your friend,
john

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:58:08 am »
I have a problem sleeping some times I'll go for about a week with only getting about 2 hours sleep a night. I would like to try this stuff to see if it helps I have try ed about every over the counter stuff that there is some make me sick some give me leg cramps and just don't work. I haven't had a dream in 2 years. Do you have to go to the doc to get this?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:54:37 am »
Ask your wife to tell you all about crocheting, guaranteed to put you to sleep. All I have to do with mine is put on a football game and she's snoring within 5 minutes!!

...JP :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:32:49 pm »
Irwin
Our bodies produce less of it as we age.  You can get melatonin pretty much anywhere even FM & Safeway. It helps to have some sort of going to bed routine to get you in the mindset of sleep, just like we do with small children & take it about an hour before actually going to bed.  As with taking any drug or herbal check w/your Dr, pharmacy or Naturopath to see if it will interact w/any meds you are now taking.  J.
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:29 am »
Thank's for the help I will be going to safeway after work today.