Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Easter Lamb & PEEPS! =)  (Read 12064 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Easter Lamb & PEEPS! =)
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 01:46:37 am »
Oh, what an adorable lamb, she (?) is just too cute!  Are they super soft with baby fleece?  I love watching em play, amazing how fast & coordinated they are for being so little. Wow, you guys are way warmer than us..*sigh*  So how many hives did you have through the winter?  How many splits are you doing?.  I love hearing aobut your little piece of paradise! Our maples are just starting, cherry & plum almost done.  Keep on with the pics, I wanna watch those cuties grow! J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 11:11:11 am »
Dane, you do have that little bit of paradise, I know that, I have seen pictures of your place, well, a few -- you are rather stingy with showing us what your place really looks like, hee, hee, smiling.  I have HEARD in your posts what is around your place, but not too often do you REALLY show us, smiling.  One day, get some good pictures of your property, tell us a little bit more of where you live, tell that story, I personally, would love to hear.  I want to see pictures that show the relationship of your house to the trees, to the marshes, (I think you have marshy areas), show it all.  I am such a person that loves to know, you know that.  Take that time one day, before all blinkin' blazes breaks out with business of the bees, smiling, hope I don't ask too much, smiling.  Have that beautiful day, love our life we are so fortunate to be livin', sharin', lovin', health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 11:20:57 am »
Oh, what an adorable lamb, she (?) is just too cute!  Are they super soft with baby fleece?  I love watching em play, amazing how fast & coordinated they are for being so little. Wow, you guys are way warmer than us..*sigh*  So how many hives did you have through the winter?  How many splits are you doing?.  I love hearing aobut your little piece of paradise! Our maples are just starting, cherry & plum almost done.  Keep on with the pics, I wanna watch those cuties grow! J

Thanks poka-bee.  :)  That lamb is also a little ram.  Too cute & an over-protective mother.  We'll see how he turns out.  heh - actually I think he's getting braver already - really curious about our dog and starting to play more with the other ram lamb.  They are incredibly soft and smell so nice (lanolin) and it is a joy to watch them play.  You never know when they'll just start bouncing around and running like crazy.
I think that extra warm weather wasn't very good actually.  Seemed to cook off the maple and other blooms really fast.  Now were back to 30's (at least above freezing!) at night & 60's during the days.  Oh, almost forgot, with splits of the strongest I'm at 31 colonies atm.  Most are strong but there is one or two that are still questionable.

Dane, you do have that little bit of paradise, I know that, I have seen pictures of your place, well, a few -- you are rather stingy with showing us what your place really looks like, hee, hee, smiling.  I have HEARD in your posts what is around your place, but not too often do you REALLY show us, smiling.  One day, get some good pictures of your property, tell us a little bit more of where you live, tell that story, I personally, would love to hear.  I want to see pictures that show the relationship of your house to the trees, to the marshes, (I think you have marshy areas), show it all.  I am such a person that loves to know, you know that.  Take that time one day, before all blinkin' blazes breaks out with business of the bees, smiling, hope I don't ask too much, smiling.  Have that beautiful day, love our life we are so fortunate to be livin', sharin', lovin', health.  Cindi

Thanks Cindi!  I'll compile a video tour/documentary soon.  I promise. I'll also update the tour section of my website extensively (with loads of thumb-nailed pics & the video, when it's done).  It's already been crazy busy as I've swapped out all the old wooden ware for the new wax-rosin dipped equipment I finished putting together late last year.

Here's a few pics I captured just a bit earlier this Spring (right click, view image for full size).  An unknown flowering ornamental/bush just outside our front door.

Cheers,
Dane

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 12:10:20 pm »
Awesome photos.  Beautiful little creatures...I can feel your gratitude for living beings...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 11:48:02 pm »
Dane, I'll wait with baited breath for that video of your place, it will be a great thing.  Loved the pics you got in the post, that bee totally covered in pollen.....beauty.  Have a most wonderful, most awesome, most great day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything