Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Say It Ain't So!!!  (Read 1903 times)

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
Say It Ain't So!!!
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:50:57 pm »
Used to be that the free honey at KFC for their pretty darn good biscuits made paying too much for extra crispy chicken palletable.  I was shocked to see corporate America in action my last visit to the Colonel's fast food icon . . . . what to my wondering eyes should appear but HONEY SAUCE!!!  Ah, no worries tho . . . I see on the packet that it contains 11% real honey!  Wonder from where . . . . China??  Good grief!
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Say It Ain't So!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:05:34 am »
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 01:08:34 am »
It's  been that way for years. The give away is the "sauce"  One time I tasted it & had to read the label cause it was so icky!  From then on I brought my biscuts home for real honey. J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline adgjoan

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47:50 am »
I can tell you the Colonel would be outraged by this "sause".  He was alway so picky about his resturants.  If you ever get to see the biography of Col. Sanders on A&E it is well worth seeing. 

Joan in KY

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 07:08:04 am »
I saw that show, it was really good. And yes he was picky.

There is a KFC close to the house and it is horrible on service and the food is only so-so, I don't think they will be in business much longer.

Makes you wonder what the other 89% is in that little packet??

G3

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:12 am »
>>>>Makes you wonder what the other 89% is in that little packet??
<<<<

Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Honey, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Caramel Color
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:17:44 pm »
Last time I went to KFC here, there were roaches crawling the walls!!!...But, same way with Long John Silvers too....Roaches!!...And Tables with stuff on them...Filthy!
Of course...this doesnt mean that they are all like this...My places just had lazy employees I'm sure!

your friend,
john

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:30:00 pm »
Last time I went to KFC here, there were roaches crawling the walls!!!...But, same way with Long John Silvers too....Roaches!!...And Tables with stuff on them...Filthy!
Of course...this doesnt mean that they are all like this...My places just had lazy employees I'm sure!

your friend,
john
That why I like to eat at home

Johnny