Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my HD Video Cam is back running 100%  (Read 2399 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
my HD Video Cam is back running 100%
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »
Hey all:

I'm kinda giddy here, my HD Camcorder has been fine but NOT connecting to the PC (niether the desktop ormy primary PC, the laptop) I just never thought it could be a driver issue because BOTH compers stopped recognising it at the same time. The one think that haunts me in using a simple web cam is the audio quality, I need to use the mic from Ventrilo or the laptop mic and it just never has quality sound when videotaped - but the HD Camera, wow, stereo recording which really doesn't matter in Youtube videos, but the audio as a general is outstanding through the camera and will be a real plus in the upcoming videos I'll be doing.

So, getting ready for the Southern Gathering only a week away, I went to Panasonic's site, looked for an updated driver and found it - then realised that the software program I initially remember using to transfer videos from camera to PC was nowhere to be found in the laptop at least, and the updated driver includes this 150mb camera software.

So, anyway, I installed it, plugged in the camera and EVERYTHING including the LIVE BEEMASTER TV CHANNEL at www.mogulus.com/beemaster (only on when I'm omline live mind you) is working using the HD camera - wow! It still lacks the HD aspect in Mogulus, but that is a mogulus thing, not a camera thing.

My whole point... I can now take my camera on the Southern Gathering, capture everything and then (yippy) transfer it to the laptop, edit it and get it up on Youtube - the whole idea of getting the camera in the first place. The great part about Youtube today is they have a HD option, so the camera image will be preserved much better than the original videos that Youtube hosts.

I've put off uploading FORUM INTRODUCTION VIDEOS because I just didn't like the look of the basic web-cam 640X480 resolution which just looks like crap compared to the near NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC QUALITY of the HD Cam which is a 1080I res image - sorry for you videophiles it isn't 1080p but after Youtube gets done killing it, no one would know the difference anyways.

So now, finally - I am pleased to say I'll have a collection of "New Member Intros" and "Tips on using the Forum Functions and Features" and there are lots to share. Plus setting up Ventrilo Voice Chat, uploading images using Image Shack and plenty of things that will improve a members experience.

But for now... I'm excited to capture the road-trip with Dallas, Brendhan and me - that alone will be a real show I'm sure - catching Bud1 and anyone else at his place when we first show up at his door. I want to bring this experience to everyone and the Beemaster TV (BTV) channel will have all the videos "On-Demand" once we get back and get everything edited.

Also, Bud has a really nice mini DVD storage Camera that we'll be using (I'm the official Executive Videographer) so we'll have tons of footage and still banking on LIVE FEED during the demonstration during next weekend and also social time together throughout the weekend.

I'm real happy to be back in business with my camera - it was down to using it directly on the HDTV which was great, but without being able to share content through the web, to me the camera was doing less than half of what I bought it for.

So tune in next weekend.... Same Bee-Time... Same Bee-Channel :)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:34:52 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: my HD Video Cam is back running 100%
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 12:15:27 pm »
Good for you John :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »
Thanks Irwin:

Sometimes I wonder if "this thing" is on - I don't see any replies, but it is a weekend and pretty nice out through most of the country, I suspect people are actually out doing things for a change.

Check out Geoff's NYC video here in Coffeehouse - not a great video, but I had a tape in my camera since Geoff was here 11 months ago, and FINALLY got the camera to PC connection and was THRILLED to get the video uploaded to Youtube. That was of course what the this original post was about - I'm back in the video making department, which makes this whole Entertainment Dream System of mine back to near 100% perfect - all I need to do is get my printer out here and tucked away in the living room where it can't be seen. I'm hoping to do away with the need to use the desktop completely and handle everything from the wireless keyboard/mouse, 47" HDTV and laptop (my own little piece of heaven) My printer is working fine, so I don't expect to go get a wireless printer for some time yet.

Now that you have high-speed, I hope you have been dabbling in the world of high-speed and all that is out there to do. I keep missing you on Ventrilo, but we'll work on all the Movie and web video sites next - you'll be your own movie rental store before you know it :) and with the Hulu and Fancast sites (not to forget the online content from all network stations) you'll never run out of things to watch at your convienience, which really turned this into the Entertainment age over-night!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:32:09 am »
Your Welcome John :) Yes this new high speed is cool and the stuff you can do is out of this world just about :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.