Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NATURAL BORN CITIZENS  (Read 6717 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
NATURAL BORN CITIZENS
« on: March 07, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »
NATURAL BORN CITIZENS

You, who worry about democrats versus republicans--relax, here is our real problem. 

In a Florida State University classroom, they were discussing the qualifications to be President of the United States. 

It was pretty simple. The candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age.

However, one girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen. In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming president.

The class was taking it in and letting her rant, and not many jaws hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep, these are the same kind of 18-year-olds that are now voting in our elections!

They breed and they walk Among US...
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: NATURAL BORN CITIZENS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:13:58 pm »
 :lau: :lau: :lau:

Then again, she may have a point there............. :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 11:19:49 pm »
 :-D :-D
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Countryboy

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:28:01 pm »
George Washington (and several of the early Presidents) was not a natural born citizen of the USA.

I think there have been 6 Presidents come from the Territory of Ohio, as Ohio was not a state until it was admitted into the Union in 1953.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:53:07 pm »
I thought Ohio was admitted as a statehood in 1803.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:37:21 am »
I think the whole citizenship argument is irrelevant now, Obama never had to prove anything.  When his term is over the truth of the matter will be revealed and all the Obama lovers will have something to chew on for awhile.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »
CB, 1953?  So whom have we been beating in football for all those years?

Yeah, I’ll lose about as much sleep over Obama being born in Hawaii as I worry about Bigfoot stealing my hives in the middle of the night.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:48:10 pm by BlueBee »

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:34:50 pm »
Can you run for president if you were cloned?
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Offline Countryboy

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:52:17 pm »
I thought Ohio was admitted as a statehood in 1803.

That's a common misconception.  The Federal Government set requirements that the Territory of Ohio had to meet before it could be admitted as a State.  Ohio met those requirements, but the Federal Government never got around to actually admitting Ohio as a State.  (It's comparable to a 16 year old kid meeting the requirements to get a driver's license, but not actually doing it.)

HJR 101 passed August 7th, 1953, and signed by President Eisenhower admitted Ohio into the Union as an ex post facto law, effective March 1, 1803, in an attempt to cover up and somehow legitimize the mistake.

Anyone born in Ohio prior to August 7th, 1953 is an Ohio Territory citizen, and not a natural born US citizen. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:12:26 am »
1953 is an Ohio Territory citizen, and not a natural born US citizen

that's not quite accurate.  the territories were considered US soil, even if not US states, for the purposes of citizenship.  there were some differences when it came to constitutional matters.  the territories were administered by the feds.  that's one of the reasons they went after the Mormons in the territories.  doing it in the states would have been unconstitutional.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »
On February 19, 1803, President Jefferson signed an act of Congress that approved Ohio's boundaries and constitution. However, Congress had never passed a resolution formally admitting Ohio as the 17th state. The current custom of Congress declaring an official date of statehood did not begin until 1812, with Louisiana's admission as the 18th state. Although no formal resolution of admission was required, when the oversight was discovered in 1953, Ohio congressman George H. Bender introduced a bill in Congress to admit Ohio to the Union retroactive to March 1, 1803. At a special session at the old state capital in Chillicothe, the Ohio state legislature approved a new petition for statehood that was delivered to Washington, D.C. on horseback. On August 7, 1953 (the year of Ohio's 150th anniversary), President Eisenhower signed an act that officially declared March 1, 1803 the date of Ohio's admittance into the Union.  -wiki

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:54 pm »
Kudos to CountryBoy, he knows his stuff.  I had never heard of such a thing and most of my relatives were born in the State Territory of Ohio.

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 06:32:25 pm »
i'm not completely sure what the whole birther thing is all about anyway,  the child of a citizen of the united states is a natural born citizen no matter where in the world said child is born,  hence the son of one of the soldiers i served with in japan is a natural citizen eligible to run for president in about 12 years or so even though he was born in the general hospital in osaka and has a japanese birth certificate. of course in his case he also has a dept. of defense birth cert.  but so long as one parent is a citizen the child is a citizen
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:37 pm »
there is a difference between citizen and natural born citizen.  natural born has been generally accepted to mean born on us soil with exceptions for children of diplomats and children of military.
in obamas case, his father was a British citizen and his mother was a minor living outside the us.  unless the courts were to decide otherwise, he would not, as we now understand it, be considered a natural born citizen if he was born in Kenya.

that's pretty much the heart of it.  for the rest of us who are not hard core "birthers", the question is: why not just produce the birth certificate or hospital records or something, and put this to bed.

there is also the question of whether or not he applied for financial aid for college as a foreign student.  in that case, what did he use as ID?  also, his old passport and the passport of his mother have disappeared from records.  that further muddies the waters.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 07:35:04 pm »
Another non-US citizen  :roll:

WWII vet discovers he’s not a U.S. citizen

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110324/us_yblog_thelookout/wwii-vet-discovers-hes-not-a-u-s-citizen
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 10:08:46 am »
Then there is the other end of this tale... Name the Five Presidents NOT buried on US soil??!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 10:41:01 am »
There would be the two Bushes. Charter. Clinton, Obama    :?

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 11:57:02 pm »
Was I right? I was just being a smart a--  :shock:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »
BRAVO JERRYMAC!!!

Indeed that is the answer, I like that riddle.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 01:55:45 pm »
darn I'm good. Gimme another.  :-D

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »
That was to easy, any living person is not buried and since we have 5 living current or past presidents the answer is simple.

But then, there's that old joke about if a plane crashes on the borders of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, where do they bury the survivors.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 03:57:55 pm »
Those survivors are so hard to bury. What with all the kicking and screaming and running away.  :catchchick:

anything