Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from the Texas coast!  (Read 1416 times)

Offline BrokenShatner

• Brood
Greetings from the Texas coast!
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:54:53 pm »
Hey everybody, brand new to beekeeping and looking for local meetups to help me get off on the right foot. I've got a single Langstroth hive assembled and painted in the garage, a couple months of reading everything I could get my eyes on, and a very supportive spouse. What else is there? What am I missing, apart from the bees?

I'm in Bay City, Texas, an hour or so SSW of Houston. I noticed a handful of users on the updated member map within an hour's drive of me, and I know there's a group that meets monthly in Rosenberg. Anybody else local? Drop me a line why dontcha?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Greetings from the Texas coast!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:31:07 pm »
welcome!  when you get a chance, put your location in your profile.  we won't have to keep asking you where you are from  ;)

i have been to bay city.  nice area and really nice people.  also...very large cockroaches!!!!

seems to me there was someone really close to you that came on last year.  you might have to do a little digging around in the member search area. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
Re: Greetings from the Texas coast!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:28:14 pm »
Welcome to the site!