Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 2206 times)

Offline mad_misky

• Brood
Hi everyone!
« on: December 18, 2006, 05:35:31 am »
Hello, there.  I'm joining because one day I dream to get out of this apartment, out to the country and doing some fun country hobbies, like beekeeping!  I have high hopes of honey collecting and am absolutely thrilled at all the things one can make with beeswax.  I'm hoping to learn lots!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 07:45:15 am »
The nice thing about beekeeping is you don't have to live in the country.  You just have to find places you can put hives.  Traditionally beekeepers seldom own any of the land their bees are on.  Ask around.  Go to some gardening clubs.  Many people would like a hive or hives on their place but don't want to keep bees.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:57:40 pm »
The roof tops of apartment and office buildings can reveal surprizes, two of which are bee hives and pigeon lofts.  City dwellers find unique ways to persue their hobbies.  A little inquiry can lead to a place to allow even the most land poor tenant a place to locate the aviary or apiary.  don't give up, don't wait, get out and find a place to persue your interests.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:43:42 am »
I live in L A cal in an apartment I have bees a the community garden
I'm a urban beekeeper
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

anything