Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: harry potter  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
harry potter
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:17:04 pm »
not a tv show, but....

my youngest took me to see the new harry potter movie last night.  it was his last night home, so i was honored (surprised) that he wanted to spend his last evening with mom!  the movie was good.  i have enjoyed all of them and have read all the books.  this movie, as the others have, follows the book well.  the only drawback is that there are bits that are left out.  if you have not read the books, you need to read them in addition to seeing the movies.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: harry potter
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:37:23 am »
Just watched this one too Kathy (although not in a crowded theater - :) ) and I was quite disappointed after the last one in particular, which was pure eye candy and story telling. The reason I listen to Harry potter Audio books it is invisions the brilliant writting in my mind, and then see it play out on screen - this one was sadly missing the latter part.

I don't think I saw 15 minutes of CGI graphics, more puppetry and green screening than anything and the whole, this one loves that one, this one has a love potion stuff turned this into a pretty boring event. It had a few sad moments, but go back one show, watch that one and then compare - what a difference directing can make.

I honestly wished I liked it more. BTW, No way is Snake a bad guy - he may not be lovable (kind of like having hermit crabs for pets) but he obviously saved Dumbledorf from even worse fates - and of course, anything can happen in movies. Especially Dr.  Who, where you are only as dead as WHEN you are, not where!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: harry potter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:24:50 am »
to the extent that a very detailed book can be condensed into a 2 1/2 hour movie, i thought they did it pretty well.  remember how very detailed the last couple of books are.  that's why i'm glad they are splitting the last book into two movies.

i liked it better than a couple of the earlier ones.  # 3 in particular, didn't do much for me....but again, much was left out of the movie that was in the book.

anyway, i look forward to seeing how they handle the last one.  it has some pretty dark moments.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything