Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My deck and porch!  (Read 9345 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
My deck and porch!
« on: March 29, 2008, 11:06:33 pm »
Heres what I like about summer at my house!
 Its at least 110 degerees but it doesnt look like it in the pics!

your friend,
john

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: My deck and porch!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:16:42 pm »
that's just beautiful.  it's snowing here :-(.  it's so depressing!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:23:05 pm »
Oops,...Hit the post instead of host :-\.......... :)
heres one of the other side of the deck...After close scrutiny of what i did I made it bigger so I could see the thermometer. It was just below 100 degrees,not as hot as usual...You can see the thermometer to the right side of the pic on the post(4x4) in the prior post..("Post","Host",....Prior "post"...)Mannnn,....
If theres 3 pics here The other one is me cooking on the deck(To the right of me is a lattice wall of "Air Potatos"..If you want some let me know..Then theres another pic of my front porch.
 Then theres me in the hospital having an "A-fib" episode! I have 7 more pics just like it(gotta make lemonade sometimes!)

your friend,
john

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 11:28:59 pm »
Oh boy Kathy!
 I LOVE the snow!!
 It only snows here about once a year.At best, it stays about a day and a half.
I suppose i wouldnt like it as much If I had to shovel it!
The best thing about winter here is that I dont have to mow!

your friend,
john

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:36:11 pm »
Man, I cant stand this!..Ok,...Heres my porch!

At least I THINK its my porch....For all I know, at this point, It could be ANYBODYS porch!
 And, MAYBE,...I'm barbecuing from my hospital bed!.
Hey,...?...Whos dog is THAT?!

Re-sizing???

:)

Your friend,
john

This is kinda fun,....Maybe I caN find a pic of something odd.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:09:23 am »
snow in December or January.  even February.  not the END OF MARCH!!!!!!

i always picture Texas as kind of dead and dry.  guess those are the parts i have been in.  i do remember flying over eastern TX as i came home from LA  and it was pretty green.  of course, everyone had gotten a lot of rain.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 12:44:04 am »
Hey kathy, Maybe theres still time foir me to get you a dead and dry pic.

This is where I was standing grilling in the summer pic.

This is my pond in the winter..soon it will be covered in all kinds of potted and non potted plants.

I'll continue to look for a really hot, dry time.
your friend,
john

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:08:08 am »
John, your place is beautiful..but 110???  eeks!   :shock: The alge between my toes would shrivel & die!
We only get a few days in the high 80's, maybe 1-2 90!  Your pond looks really nice, do you have fish?  What kind?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 01:35:41 am »
i like dead and dry.  i grew up mostly in S. CA. and spent most of my military years playing in the sand with the Marines. it took me years to get used to all this green and it still makes me a little dizzy  :-)

no kidding about the moss between our toes.  especially this year!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 01:44:32 am »
The pond only has frogs, snails, and crawdads.I put goldfish in once but they couldnt take the water temp change when I put Fawcett water into it. The algae stays down once the lily pads come up good. Theres been times when i get a lot of nice pretty green snakes what come around to eat the frogs. I put in the crawdads in last spring but I never see them now..I think maybe they're under all the roots and leaves and stuff on the bottom. I have the higher waterfall but when its windy, the water gets blown out..I usually turn it on when people are coming around.
your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 02:09:46 am »
John

Your house looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos. You look like a very happy guy also. You make me smile.

Here in Placerville we get into the 100's also for days on end in the summer. But you can keep 110. Maybe once in a while we go up that high but never more than once every few years.

Your friend
Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 02:43:59 am »
Oops,...Hit the post instead of host :-\.......... :)
heres one of the other side of the deck...After close scrutiny of what i did I made it bigger so I could see the thermometer. It was just below 100 degrees,not as hot as usual...You can see the thermometer to the right side of the pic on the post(4x4) in the prior post..("Post","Host",....Prior "post"...)Mannnn,....
If theres 3 pics here The other one is me cooking on the deck(To the right of me is a lattice wall of "Air Potatos"..If you want some let me know..Then theres another pic of my front porch.
 Then theres me in the hospital having an "A-fib" episode! I have 7 more pics just like it(gotta make lemonade sometimes!)

your friend,
john

Air potatoes? Would need a recipe for air gravy, I think. Nice pics, now put your shirt back on nudist!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 02:47:42 am »
Hey Annette, We get these citronella candles here for gnats and skeeters....When the thermo. locks up at 120 the candles melt!
 We get just aabout 10 degrees hotter than town because we're in a creek bottom(90 percent dry year round)..Its backwards in the winter though...They say its 40 degrees in town in the morning, and out in my driveway we are scraping ice!

I'm very pleased you guys like how my place looks. You can come here any time you're passing through!

If you do google earth you can see how my 4 acres are under mostly a canopy of trees in the middle of nowhere.I call it an oasis! When we moved in there were people here telling us we need to grub out ALL the trees! They never could come up with a good reason except that doing this was what all the people did in the country...The downside of having a place like this is the fact that if theres a range fire and a south wind pushing it our way, WE're pretty much DONE :'(...........But I also believe in miracles! :)

your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 02:54:46 am »
Keep believing in miracles John. I believe in them also.

Annette

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 08:03:27 am »
Johnny,
Nice pics,at 110 do you light off the chimnea? Just had to ask!! :lol:
 As far as goldfish in your pond,if the faucet water was chlorinated that was more likely the problem.You need to dechlorinate it first.I always add water thats about 55 degrees on hot summer days without any adverse effects.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 08:04:49 pm »
110 or 120?  Oh my goodness, John, I'm glad you like it down there, but I just couldn't take it down there at all, that's way outta my comfort range!  :shock:  But your home looks really nice, thanx for sharing it!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 09:02:13 pm »
Hey JP!
 Whattaya mean put my shirt back on??..This is my "Summer Shirt"!
 You're right Buzz,...Its probably the chlorine that does the fish in. Its funny you mentioned it tho....just a few hours ago I topped the pond off, but this time I used de-chlorinator(first time ever)..It was some I had in a bottle i use for my aquariums. I havent used the chimenea in awhile..Dad gave it to me cuz he didnt use it either..... :)....As a matter of fact My wife and I got this for mom and dad several Christmases ago....We dont spend as much time as we used to on the deck as I dont drink that much anymore,(WE used to stay out there till 2 in THE MORNING sometimes.) I still try to make it look nice though and we still spend some time out there...Actually, if I have company, I spend all my time out there till they leave.
110,...120,....After about 95 degrees it just HOT!!!..Its the humidity that runs a person back into the house!..I cant remember if I mentioned it earlier, but it gets hotter here than in town cuz we're in a creek bottom.

hey JP,...Heres one for ya!!
 When Janelle and I first got married and we just moved out here we had chickens!
 We also ran around this place Nekkid!!!(just sometimes though) as the trees blocked the view of anybody within miles, we could do this!..Especially me!!!....I was notorious for walking around naked and doing stuff!(Can ya see it???)
   Anyways, this one time(It was HOT!!) Janelle went with me to feed the chickens..This time though, we both had underwear on(and shoes)!
 At any rate, as we were looking at the chickens(oh yeh,...we were INSIDE the coop) and feeding them, we both heard a 4 wheeler moving around...Hmmmmm....Then we realized it was PAUL!!!...And his DAUGHTER!!!(About 7 years old at that time)..She was on the back!...And they were HAULING ArSE up my trail to my place!!
 Janelle went running!!!...She hit the deck so fast her feet were sliding on the deck floor like a cartoon! Paul and Audrey sure got an eyeful of this day!(I could see this from an opening in the chicken coop...I was sort of "squatting" and peeping so i wouldnt be seen..I mean, if it was only Paul, I couldnt give a hoot...But Audrey was there!!!...I thought she might "Freak" if she saw me!)
 I watched as Paul and Audrey walked up to the deck....I was hoping Janelle was fixin to bring me some shorts.....That wasnt the case....
 I was in the coop for about 20 minutes!!!...Gosh dang it was HOT!!!..I had sweat pouring into my eyes and all over my glasses! At this point I couldnt see with or without my glasses!!....And chicken dust and feathers were sticking to the sweat what was pouring out of me!!...Then my feet started to slip around in my "Flip flops"...I thought I was gonna faint from heat out there! My underwear was already soaked( from sweat :))
 Finally, after me being in the "Chicken Sauna" for what seemed forever, Paul and Audrey left....Janelle had told them I was somewhere out back in the woods and she didnt know where...She didnt bring me shorts as she thought I would be embarrassed getting caught like that! :-D....Not me though,...I still wander around in my underwear...Janelle doesnt do that anymore though...She grew up since then.....But,...I do listen for that 4 wheeler coming though!!!

heh, heh, heh....

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 10:04:52 pm »
Awe John, if they didn't make a phone call, then they deserve to see what they shall see, even you and the miss's playing doctor in the bushes!

My Dad used to wear his green weenie bikini while working his garden in the summer time, with his walkman on, singing at the top of his lungs. Man, what a scary site that was to behold!!!

At our place in Ms, my wife and I walk the woods like Adam & Eve so if ya wanna stop on by, ya might wanna call first!

See ya at the next annual nudist colony meeting. 'Til then, keep ya draws dry!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 10:55:58 pm »
 :)

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 11:20:26 pm »
too much information , now i have images of john running around naked on his land. man i so did no need that image in my head !

anything